1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Statler & Waldorf on movies.com

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by jgriffee, Feb 25, 2005.

1. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

I'm surprised that so many people are upset about this "hiatus." The show had a good run (and it may actual be back). For a free web-show with the production values that it did, I'm surprised it kept going as long as it did. It ran bi-weekly for well over a year. It had more episodes than "Muppets Tonight" and "The Jim Henson Hour" ever did. It deserves a break. If it comes back that's great. But if not, it's was still nice while it was around.
  2. pepestarr

pepestarr New Member

Well said! I am surprised there were more episodes than Muppets Tonight. You tend to forget when it's on the Internet. :)
  3. Marky

Marky Member

It was a short internet show that nobody ever saw (except the Muppet-obsessed). And now we have met the end of MHC's plan to do anything with the Muppets.

Yesterday's Christmas CD release marks the very last release with a holiday tear.

:cry:
  4. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Earlier this summer, I would have agreed with you, Marky. But then this Christmas CD came out of nowhere--with the right performers, no less!

In other words, just because Disney is bad at letting Muppet fans know what's going on, doesn't mean that nothing's going on.

Also, for those mourning the loss of the show, it may be encouraging to know that Movies.com sent out an automated e-mail saying that "Statler and Waldorf may be making other appearances soon at Movies.com" (I'm paraphrasing from memory). So while FtB may not be back, S & W will pop up here and there for various things.
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

HEAE!!! here!!! well sayed Chilly! *claps* :)
  6. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Thanks for the news Chilly Down!
  7. Marky

Marky Member

Okay, I stand corrected.

They've put out a CD (where they didn't even need to pull the puppets out of their foam-paper cocoons). And they've said that they may pop up on a site no one goes to, which is newsworthy. Apparently. I'll let Di$ney's track record predict the materialization of that. Now if you'll excus me, I think I'll order some Muppet stuff from the Di$ney site.

...doh!
  8. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I'm not arguing with you, Marky! I think overall Disney's handling of the Muppets has been abysmal. I'm just pointing out a couple of things that indicate that the situation might be a little less dire than it at first seems. :smirk:
  9. Marky

Marky Member

I hope you're right. I really do.
    Maybe an exec will go "Hey... what are we doing with the Muppets? Nothing? Well let's get on that!"

I mean, I've never, ever thought it's a question of whether or not Di$ney can give them a comeback. They've got the best entertainment marketing resources in the world! And they've done such an amazing job with so many other things!
  10. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

whoops.... :o

sorry.
  11. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

No need for apologies, Barry. You shared your opinion, and Marky shared his. :)

And I agree with Marky that Disney could do something really phenomenal with the Muppets if they wanted to!
  12. Marky

Marky Member

Yes, a second that, no need for apologies!
  13. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

yes..yes they could..exactly..it's not like they don't have money or anything.
  14. Marky

Marky Member

That's why I call them Di$ney sometimes.
    It's me thowing a "get off the wallet" symbol, and not some angry, cynical success-hating, commie message.
    Cuz, like, money's good, and a company that gets rich creating positive things isn't evil, it's one I'd love to work for. Tried to work for. Aren't working for, but hey, dig this Scooter winky thingy...;)
  15. Mistoffelees

Mistoffelees Member

How come I have not been able to view the episodes lately? When I click Play, nothing really happens, I get a white box on my screen.
  16. Marky

Marky Member

Cause Di$ney's squashing the Muppets.

(runs and hides from wrist-slappers)

:p
  17. TheJimHensonHour

*slaps wrists* unless of course you're emo then *hands you razor blades* :concern:
  18. Marky

Marky Member

Emo? You meant Elmo, right?

Elmo... (shudder shudder)
  19. TheJimHensonHour

nope I don't hate elmo that much to hand him razorblades lol emo's are these kids with had haircuts that cover most of their faces...and cut themselves and listen to bad modern rock music like death cab for cutie or something like that...and they're allways depressed...their basicly goth kids without all the makeup lol...or there kinda like the grunge kids from the 90's.
  20. Marky

Marky Member

Okay...

:concern: