1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Steve Whitmire contact info

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by michaelmoo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

2. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

Who did you play and what seasons did you work there for?
  3. muppetlover123

has anyone mailed a letter yet
  4. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

I only worked on 'Muppets From Space.' I don't know the puppet's name, but he had a cone-shaped head with no nose, prominent teeth & big bulgy eyes. Anyone know the name of this character?
    DannyRWW likes this.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I don't know, but I do know exactly who you mean! I always wondered who he was, and what he was doing there, because he always intrigued me. Especially in the camera-panning through the crowd scene.
  6. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

That was me! I was in the beach scene, holding a camera.
  7. Beauregard

I'm a fan!
  8. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Aw shucks, thanks! Just wish I knew that lil' guy's name.
  9. Beauregard

*ahem*

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Chip

If I remember correctly he has PUPILS that blink?
  10. muppetlover123

11. gonzosgirl1987

gonzosgirl1987 Active Member

i haven't i was waiting to see if anyone got a response on here first
  12. muppetlover123

thats what i was gonna do
  13. Beauregard

Well, I sent a letter to Steve at the Sesame address, but am not expecting any kind of reply (in fact, I almost forgot to even include an address and just put it on the back of the envelope.) More than anything, I wanted to tell him that he was amazing and that I loved his performance in The Muppets and in the recent Muppet interviews.
  14. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Yes! That's the guy. Thanks so much, I've wanted to know his name for years. And yes, his pupils did blink. A very cool character!
  15. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Pretty Cool. He was a character from The Jim Henson Hour. So technically the puppet must have been 10 years old since Muppets From Space was from 1999 and the Jim Henson Hour was from 1989. Was that the original puppet or was he rebuilt or fixed up or something, you know since puppets made of foam / latex do disintegrate.
  16. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Not sure, the puppet was in good shape & the eye-blink mechanism worked fine.
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Wait? You were the camera guy for Miss Piggy? And the performer for Chip?? So cool!!
  18. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

No, I wasn't Piggy's camera guy, Chip was holding a camera in the scenes I worked on.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Wow, that is cool!
  20. muppetlover123