Still missing Jim...

Beauregard

Reaction score
I did not know that Jim was dead till a few years ago when I saw the MTI was a Brian Henson production and I thought WHAT!!!

And dad said that Jim was dead I was like, "Oh."

Back then I didn't have the love for the Muppets that i have now but it was still a blow you see I had always wanted to meet this phenominom.(Don't sing Sarah)

Bea:zany:regard

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! This is really great. It's really cool to find people who are A LOT like me. I start to sing when people say phenomonon! I have kermit slippers! I have a TON of pictures of the muppets, etc. on my binder! This is great. I knew NO ONE who is like me, until now. I really like being weird, too! Ohhhh... The other day this kid said "At least I don't like the muffets, or whatever!", and I flipped out. I have inside jokes with myself, too.

OH!!! Yesterday I went to a store called Hot topic, and they have a lot of cool muppets stuff. I got animal, rizzo wearing a leather jacket, and a kermit stuffed animals. I also got two pins that say "Gonzo for president", and "Pepe for president". I wigged out.

Oh! One other thing. has anyone heard "furry happy monsters" by REM? That song rules! :smile: :smile: :smile:

muppetfreak12

Reaction score
oops!

I forgot! Has anyone heard "The Tomorrow Song"? That song is even better!!!! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I started on a journey just about a year ago to a little town called Morrow in the state of Ohio...

No never heard of it.

Pino

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
Yes, I do to.

I just keep wishing and hoping that one day I'll meet him in Heaven. (I don't want an argument please. I know mentions of Heavon and religion and Jim Henson start arguments on this board)

I also feel that way when I think of Douglas Addams.

Bea:zany:regard
Well if you listen to the songs like being green of rainbowconnection I think his religion is great!.. When I hear those songs I always think... why did he die while the world needs him the most at this time!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
ooh and when people say muffets or something...i get UPSET!

i have a bunch of pics on my binder and people always ask 'who's that?' and then they go 'you have a crush on an older guy????'
I totally know what you mean about getting upset. This is a really trivial little thing that I saw but it still made me mad: a girl I went to high school with is on my msn list and the other night I saw that her name was "If Kermit was a frog, what was Gonzo". It just made me really upset because this would have been the kind of person to say "Who's that" if i ever wore my Electric Mayhem shirt. It was the kind of thing an non muppet fan would say thinking they were being clever when in reality, any real fan knows that Gonzo is obviously a 'whatever'. Always has been, always will be. :concern:

Anyway, now that i've ranted a bit, I can't remember when exactly I learned that Jim had died. It probably was not till many years later but I'm not sure. I think about it alot though when I watch the movies and it usually makes me teary eyed.
:cry:

Sarah :i have a bunch of pics on my binder and people always ask 'who's that?' and then they go 'you have a crush on an older guy????'
Heehee! Next time you should say, "Yeah, wanna make somethin' of it?? and then throw a muffin at them:smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i never get upset when i see a muppet movie, sesame street, the muppet show,etc. henson may be dead, but atleast his dream of entertaining people is still going on through new generations of people. so as long as that is going on, then it's not that depressing.

ryan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Everytime I watch some medium with Jim Henson,old SS clips,movies,anything I just feel so numb hearing his voice.And I think,man,that's Jim underneath that puppet.<sigh>I still miss him,oh so very much.What a genius he was. :sympathy: