Student Expeled from art school for quoting Sweeney Todd

Maestro

Reaction score
That's absolutely horrible, Jonathan! Boy, if I was was you, not only would I sue the school's pants off, but I'd get the local media involved too. Newspapers, radio, television, anything to make others rebel against the school. Not only are the people running that school so dimwitted that they can't tell the difference between simple song lyrics from a musical and a "death threat", they violated your constitutional right to a speedy trial by your peers. Any lawyer or media company could just have a field day with that in this day and age! While circumstances are especially bad as of late, with shootings and bombings and suicide, etc., I think this would've panned out about the same anyway.

Also, I agree with Teheheman. Do NOT threaten them. Bad baaaad idea.

As for your ex-girlfriend and the people running that school, a quote by comedian Ron White explains why it will be difficult to win; "You can't fix stupid!"

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Johnathan, my poor boy. Sounds like something I would have done, lol. The whole school and threat thing is way out of hand, they let people go who really are dangerous and make a example out of people who are harmless. Like that little girl who accidently takes her moms lunch to school and it had a knife to cut an apple. When the girl went to give it to her teacher, they expelled her! I mean really! THEN theres people like this kid I went to high school with, he was VERY creepy he DID shout that he was going to kill the school in an assembly and they let him go! infact that same situation has happed twice at that school because my sister had the same thing happen this year!

Im sorry for what happend- are you in theater at all? you could say that if you were a theater guy that you just love musicals. Cant you show them the song? I mean its a movie now, show them that Johnny Depp sings it, heck, the clip of it might even be on youtube. Thats just wong. If it makes you feel any better, Im totaly on your side. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Johnathan, my poor boy. Sounds like something I would have done, lol. The whole school and threat thing is way out of hand, they let people go who really are dangerous and make a example out of people who are harmless. Like that little girl who accidently takes her moms lunch to school and it had a knife to cut an apple. When the girl went to give it to her teacher, they expelled her! I mean really! THEN theres people like this kid I went to high school with, he was VERY creepy he DID shout that he was going to kill the school in an assembly and they let him go! infact that same situation has happed twice at that school because my sister had the same thing happen this year!
Oh geez Louise, I remember that whole episode. That's pathetic!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Jonathan, has anything come of this since? I don't think you should just let it go...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh geez Louise, I remember that whole episode. That's pathetic!
Oh gee, I just now remembered something, when I was in middle school, we had a girl who got expelled for a very similar incident...

She came to school one morning and had breakfast in the cafeteria, she brought a grapefruit, and brought a PLASTIC knife to cut it up with, and POOF! Got expelled.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Ya never know now though, people could end up doing things and even though it SOUNDS stupid, you gotta be prepared. Although some of those incidents are really exaggerations on the parts of the teachers(How can you eat a Grapefruit whole?) I can see where it has to be done.

Daniel

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Ya never know now though, people could end up doing things and even though it SOUNDS stupid, you gotta be prepared. Although some of those incidents are really exaggerations on the parts of the teachers(How can you eat a Grapefruit whole?) I can see where it has to be done.

Daniel
lol maybe they should ban grapefruit! its too dangerous! and apples, I never trusted them for an instant!

Teheheman

Reaction score
That only works if you throw an apple at the doctor and run every day, then the doc won't come to you because he/she doesn't want apples thrown at em.

Daniel