Thank You, Jerry Nelson

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I think we should all show our support and how much we love Jerry Nelson in this post.

We obviously all noticed that he wasnt in the last Muppet project, And that makes us all think and appreciate him even more.

There isnt a word that can describe Jerry to me, He is just everything !

"Utra" - Beard, The Jim Henson Hour

He has performed so many fantastic Muppets while working with Henson's.

He can be Big and Mean, Small and Gentle, Totaly Crazy, Hippie, Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter and probably any of the Animals that they would own !

His Muppets always seem totaly real, While watching Fraggle Rock i have forgot about puppetry and totaly believed in Gobo and felt all the emotions that he is portraying.

So lets think about Floyd, Gobo, Emmet, Robin, Pa Gorg, Thog, Emily Bear, The Count and Jerry Nelson and think how thankful we are to have them !

It will make you smile just thinking about them !

Thanks Jerry !

Jackie

Reaction score
Jerry Jerry bo berry banana fana fo ferry me mi mo merry, JERRY!~!!!!!!!!

SuperGrover

Reaction score
I too always believe in his characters so much that I forget that they're being performed, he's such an incredible performer. Even when I saw them live and in person last year.

It was awesome meeting Jerry Nelson at MuppetFest, as well as having the privilege of watching him perform and sing. I can't believe MuppetFest's been a year already this past weekend. I was thinking about that as I hung my Sesame Street ornaments. Sherlock Hemlock has always been one of my top favorite Muppet characters of all time. Sherlock, The Count and Herry are the three ornaments hanging from the highest boughs on my Christmas tree this year!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Jerry Jerry bo berry banana fana fo ferry me mi mo merry, JERRY!~!!!!!!!!
Wiser words have never been spoken...

:big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Jerry gave me probably one of the most magic moments for a Mupppet fan......
There's this one scene in MTM, w/Floyd....They were in the restaurant and Rizzo had come up. Floyd just gave his "the number for the board of health" line. And THEN, there's the magic moment....I can't explain what it is, but the way Floyd moved when he laughed, and thev way he moved his eyebrows.....It all just seemed so NATURAL and LIFELIKE. For some reason, THAT scene more than any other in any of the other movies, for me, just always make it seem like Floyd came to LIFE! Thank you for that Jerry. And PLEASE come back!!!! I LOVE Floyd!!! And NOBODY has the same magic as YOU!!!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
Jerry,

I, too, want to express my appreciation for you and all that you have contributed to the Muppets...particulalry your singing.

There's a moment at teh beginging of the Fraggle Rock song "Fat Facts, Pack Snacks..." that sounds so beautiful to me and I find myself consistently rewinding the tape to hear it over and over again. You express so much as you sing through your characters and that is something that I delight in. I love music, I love to sing and thank you for your musical contributions to the Muppets.

I read somewhere that you might have an independant album somewhere...that I would definitely love to hear.

Thank you Jerry Nelson wherever you are.

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Wiser words have never been spoken...

Thank you...it took me all day to do that. :smile: I LOVE JERRY NELSON!!

beaker

Reaction score
Jerry Nelson is without a doubt a true fan's fan, one of the warmest people you'll meet. I remember at Muppetfest the security guards kind of hinting that folks should just move along the autograph line, even though Jerry really enjoyed talking with the fans. It was great meeting him, and I cant wait for him to be back in action!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Thank you...it took me all day to do that. :smile: I LOVE JERRY NELSON!!
LOL!

You are so wise!

And since we're on the subject of Jerry, doesn't his beard just rock?

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Yes...Jerry, if you read this...THANK YOU!

Floyd is probably my favorite Muppet of all time. In fact, my Floyd action figure has a place of prominence right by my computer keyboard, and he sits up in the DJ booth with me at the restaurant I work at...kind of like a mascot of some sort. This is all due to Jerry's excellent portrayal of him. Floyd can be cocky, sarcastic, and too cool for ANY room...but underneath that rough exterior, Jerry portrayed him as very artistic and sensitive through acts such as defending Janice when Gonzo yells at her in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", singing a version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" that eclipses the Beatles' version, and the kiss he gives Janice after they sing "Act Naturally" in "The Muppets Go To The Movies" just PROVES how much he loves his groovy chick.

Jerry can play just about anyone and give the right amount of dimension to any character he plays. We as Muppet fanatics learned that it's OK to be too hip for the room (Floyd), size doesn't matter (Robin), always explore new avenues and alleyways (Gobo), one doesn't always have to be tough (Herry), take chances (Emmet Otter), do everything with zest and enthusiasm (The Count), and if at first one doesn't succeed, try again (Mumford). All these lessons can be attributed to Jerry and the wonderful characters he's played over the years.

Even the characters who haven't taught us lessons were wild and crazy enough for us to love. I'll always crack up whenever Grover's lack of skills as a waiter leave Fat Blue in the lurch, whenever Simon has an effect-filled conversation, or when Crazy Harry blows something up. I even flirted with getting a tattoo of the original Uncle Deadly character sketch (look at it on Henson.com, it's pretty awesome).

Jerry, thanks for being the Muppets' "Everyman"!