1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Thank You, Jerry Nelson

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by BlueFrackle, Dec 12, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey Guys,
    I think we should all show our support and how much we love Jerry Nelson in this post.

We obviously all noticed that he wasnt in the last Muppet project, And that makes us all think and appreciate him even more.

There isnt a word that can describe Jerry to me, He is just everything !

"Utra" - Beard, The Jim Henson Hour

He has performed so many fantastic Muppets while working with Henson's.

He can be Big and Mean, Small and Gentle, Totaly Crazy, Hippie, Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter and probably any of the Animals that they would own !

His Muppets always seem totaly real, While watching Fraggle Rock i have forgot about puppetry and totaly believed in Gobo and felt all the emotions that he is portraying.

So lets think about Floyd, Gobo, Emmet, Robin, Pa Gorg, Thog, Emily Bear, The Count and Jerry Nelson and think how thankful we are to have them !

It will make you smile just thinking about them !

Thanks Jerry !
  2. Jackie New Member

Jerry Jerry bo berry banana fana fo ferry me mi mo merry, JERRY!~!!!!!!!!
  3. SuperGrover Member

I too always believe in his characters so much that I forget that they're being performed, he's such an incredible performer. Even when I saw them live and in person last year.

It was awesome meeting Jerry Nelson at MuppetFest, as well as having the privilege of watching him perform and sing. I can't believe MuppetFest's been a year already this past weekend. I was thinking about that as I hung my Sesame Street ornaments. Sherlock Hemlock has always been one of my top favorite Muppet characters of all time. Sherlock, The Count and Herry are the three ornaments hanging from the highest boughs on my Christmas tree this year!
  4. EmmyMik New Member

Wiser words have never been spoken...

:D
  5. Manda:-D New Member

Jerry gave me probably one of the most magic moments for a Mupppet fan......
    There's this one scene in MTM, w/Floyd....They were in the restaurant and Rizzo had come up. Floyd just gave his "the number for the board of health" line. And THEN, there's the magic moment....I can't explain what it is, but the way Floyd moved when he laughed, and thev way he moved his eyebrows.....It all just seemed so NATURAL and LIFELIKE. For some reason, THAT scene more than any other in any of the other movies, for me, just always make it seem like Floyd came to LIFE! Thank you for that Jerry. And PLEASE come back!!!! I LOVE Floyd!!! And NOBODY has the same magic as YOU!!!
  6. Ol' Buddy Bert New Member

Jerry,

I, too, want to express my appreciation for you and all that you have contributed to the Muppets...particulalry your singing.

There's a moment at teh beginging of the Fraggle Rock song "Fat Facts, Pack Snacks..." that sounds so beautiful to me and I find myself consistently rewinding the tape to hear it over and over again. You express so much as you sing through your characters and that is something that I delight in. I love music, I love to sing and thank you for your musical contributions to the Muppets.

I read somewhere that you might have an independant album somewhere...that I would definitely love to hear.

Thank you Jerry Nelson wherever you are.
  7. Jackie New Member

Thank you...it took me all day to do that. :) I LOVE JERRY NELSON!!
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson is without a doubt a true fan's fan, one of the warmest people you'll meet. I remember at Muppetfest the security guards kind of hinting that folks should just move along the autograph line, even though Jerry really enjoyed talking with the fans. It was great meeting him, and I cant wait for him to be back in action!
  9. EmmyMik New Member

LOL!

You are so wise!

And since we're on the subject of Jerry, doesn't his beard just rock?

:D
  10. TravellingMatt New Member

Yes...Jerry, if you read this...THANK YOU!

Floyd is probably my favorite Muppet of all time. In fact, my Floyd action figure has a place of prominence right by my computer keyboard, and he sits up in the DJ booth with me at the restaurant I work at...kind of like a mascot of some sort. This is all due to Jerry's excellent portrayal of him. Floyd can be cocky, sarcastic, and too cool for ANY room...but underneath that rough exterior, Jerry portrayed him as very artistic and sensitive through acts such as defending Janice when Gonzo yells at her in "The Muppets Take Manhattan", singing a version of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" that eclipses the Beatles' version, and the kiss he gives Janice after they sing "Act Naturally" in "The Muppets Go To The Movies" just PROVES how much he loves his groovy chick.

Jerry can play just about anyone and give the right amount of dimension to any character he plays. We as Muppet fanatics learned that it's OK to be too hip for the room (Floyd), size doesn't matter (Robin), always explore new avenues and alleyways (Gobo), one doesn't always have to be tough (Herry), take chances (Emmet Otter), do everything with zest and enthusiasm (The Count), and if at first one doesn't succeed, try again (Mumford). All these lessons can be attributed to Jerry and the wonderful characters he's played over the years.

Even the characters who haven't taught us lessons were wild and crazy enough for us to love. I'll always crack up whenever Grover's lack of skills as a waiter leave Fat Blue in the lurch, whenever Simon has an effect-filled conversation, or when Crazy Harry blows something up. I even flirted with getting a tattoo of the original Uncle Deadly character sketch (look at it on Henson.com, it's pretty awesome).

Jerry, thanks for being the Muppets' "Everyman"!
  11. Mr. Nelson, I don't believe you have really ever received all the credit you deserve, whilst (and at the same time) I also think that there is no way on this earth to properly express such thanks. Though your characters may not be in the spot light all the time, when they are they become all the more special. The Electric Mayhem would not be right without Floyd's vocal talents. It's so good to hear your voice behind a puppet.

Meeting you last year at Muppetfest was one of the best occasions of my life. You are such an encouraging person! Thank you so much for caring for your fans.

I should say so much more, but like I said, it's inexpressible!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  12. Smig New Member

Your characters have kept me laughing for years, and meeting you at MF (and after the live show) was both an honor and a treat. Thank you.

Smig
  13. ryhoyarbie Active Member

i always thought jerry could play a number of characters than any other performer that may have a few lines and only one or 2 apperances or a lot of lines and be a great character. i've always loved floyd and i think he's one of the best characters on the muppets. i also enjoy lew zeland a lot too. the count brings back a lot of memories and he's one of the most recognized characters in everyone who has seen sesame street, young and old alike.

jerry, i hope you have great sucess through the many years and happy holidays and merry christmas.

ryan
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

My favorite Nelson character is Gobo. Yes, I know Floyd is his signature character and he's really cool too, but when I think of Jerry Nelson I always think of Gobo singing "Come and Follow Me" with Matt or "Catch the Tail by the Tiger". That was just such an inspirational character. I hope we see more of Jerry's work soon. :)
  15. scarecroe Active Member

16. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Puppet Master Mr. Jerry Nelson

I'll have to jump in here and say how much I totally admire this dude!

Sometimes, if you watch carefully, you can see that his style of puppetry is simple. His vocalizations span wide on the characters he performs, he's obviously quick witted and smart just from what we saw at MuppetFest. Definitely one of those performers that I have studied my whole life.

Having had him stop in and visit with us at MC has always been a blast (just as it has been with having Karen Prell visit, among others who it would be fun to have around as regulars).

I don't know what was going on in that last Muppet film that he wasn't involved if such was the case (I noticed characters sounded different), but I hope all is well with our Jerry as he is indeed one of our favorite performers.

Jerry, if you see this, you are welcome to my house anytime to visit. And you don't even have to bring a Muppet!
  17. kansasteen14 New Member

Thanks Jerry, We all love you and Robin
  18. electricmayhem New Member

>>>It will make you smile just thinking about them !<<<

I am smiling. Thank you for helping put that smile there Jerry!
  19. Stryder Wolfe New Member

for sure, Jerry's one of the best! Floyd especaily ahs always been one of my favorite muppets and a huge part of why I became a musician myself! Also I prefer his version of "50 ways to leave your lover" better than the original....
  20. Thijs Member

Love you Jerry!

I love Floyd and Robin, but also all those side-characters you performed.