That Guy with the Glasses' "Demo Reel" trailer

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I must say, from what I've seen so far, this is very cleverly done.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now I'm starting to wonder if this whole thing was some kind of little stunt that Doug was staging the whole time... I mean, he only announced that he was ending Nostalgia Critic, what... a few months ago? And already it's making a comeback? Not only that, but what about these other things he was supposedly working on but instead was doing like his own version of How it Should Have Ended or something... I dunno.

Still love Doug either way, I'm just a little confused by his actions of late.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Gosh, the Nostalgic Critic is funny. Wait, scratch that. He's hilarious!

I was watching a whole bunch this morning, gosh, I laughed really, really hard. :smile: And in his "11 Worst Spiderman Moments" video, Nicky Holliday comes on!

I'm glad he's coming back, I am excited to see what else he has for us.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Seriously, am I the only one who finds him more obnoxious than funny? :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think it's part of his character.

He's like Pee-wee Herman, or Larry the Cable Guy, he has that character, and that character is supposed to be rather cynical, sarcastic, and at time unpleasant (a kind of humor I can appreciate); I've heard stories from people who've met him IRL, and say he's just as big an *** in person as he is on the internet, but again, I think that's just part of him being in character.

I've heard rumors that when he's just being himself (as in Doug Walker, and not the Critic, or the Bum, or anybody), he's a really nice guy, but there's really no substantial recounts to back that up, as, again, most of the stories I've heard of people meeting are pretty much him being in character as Nostalgia Critic, and acting like an *** with his fans like he does in his videos.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, yeah, I realize that's just him in character, but that doesn't mean I can't not like him. I just wish I could understand WHY people find him so funny. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think you have to appreciate dry, cynical, and sarcastic humor in order to find him funny.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Actually, I do. It's the screaming at everything I find annoying.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
See, now that actually cracks me up, but then again, I get a kick out of how people can turn on a dime like that, being all calm and collected one minute, to suddenly screaming like a girl franatically the next.

I dunno, but to me, there's something funny about grown men having the ability to scream like little girls; Danny Stern's "Marv Scream" is like memetic mutation.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
He's very different in real life. He reviews some movies as Doug Walker. Search him up, he did a very good review on the Muppets.
It's all apart of his character really. At some points he gets out of hand and sometimes, even waay too far. But most of the time, I think he's one of the funniest things out there. Especially funnier than HISHE. (Even though they're pretty funny too, most of the time.)