The 80's

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I love waking up on saturday mornings and watching shows like Real Ghostbusters, California Rasins, Muppet Babies, etc. The current cartoon shows they show on television are really bad, except for Justice League.

I also have my old Atari system in the garage. i think it still works too! And the 8 bit Nintendo game system totally rocks. Although the game systems are far more advanced today than they were 20 years ago, I still enjoyed the 8 bit Ninetndo more than Playstation 2 or any other current game system.

ryan

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I love waking up on saturday mornings and watching shows like Real Ghostbusters, California Rasins, Muppet Babies, etc. The current cartoon shows they show on television are really bad, except for Justice League.

I also have my old Atari system in the garage. i think it still works too! And the 8 bit Nintendo game system totally rocks. Although the game systems are far more advanced today than they were 20 years ago, I still enjoyed the 8 bit Ninetndo more than Playstation 2 or any other current game system.

ryan
I agree! I would much rather play with the 8 bit Nintendo or Atari any day of the week! The kids I work with at my church think I'm nuts, but I'm like "you guys haven't lived until you play with an Atari game!" So, I make them play Pong and stuff and they're like, yeah, it is fun!

hope

Reaction score
Just thought I would throw in a couple more things that if you was in school in the 80s you might remember like
Jelly shoes
Big Hair
Lots of Molly Ringwald movies
Solid Gold
Colored shoe laces
Fame

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
I agree! I would much rather play with the 8 bit Nintendo or Atari any day of the week! The kids I work with at my church think I'm nuts, but I'm like "you guys haven't lived until you play with an Atari game!" So, I make them play Pong and stuff and they're like, yeah, it is fun!
Me too,good thing we have the memories of the 8 bit games.:smile:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
One of my favorite bands, I'm ashamed to say, was Nelson. They were Willie Nelson's sons and they sported really, really long blonde hair and sang really sappy rock music.

I also liked (and still like) Billy Idol, The Bengals, Robert Palmer and Huey Lewis and the News.

Speaking of Huey Lewis, some of my favorite 80's movies include Back to the Future, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Ghostbusters, Return of the Jedi, Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Trading Spaces.

Metallica and Offspring were born in the 80's, but I don't think I was aware of them until the 90's.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hee, Docnzhoss, all except the last movie you listed (which I haven't seen) are all excellent. I love all of those! I'd just add some Corey Feldman movies onto the list, most notably The Goonies and The Lost Boys. Who DOESN'T love a gang of small-town vampire bikers lead by Kiefer Sutherland? What a good movie... :big_grin: I have it on tape off of the tv from halloween last year, the same tape MWoO is on, and I popped out the tab so I can't tape over it. Heehee, ironically, the last thing on the tape is Back to the Future off the tv, too! But it ran too long and so the tape stops with about 15 minutes left in the movie... I should have paused on the commercials.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
actually they were Ricky Nelson's Sons.
Ahh, thanks for correcting me. I knew they were the sons of a Nelson, though (I guess that's like Lloyd Christmas saying Mary Swanson's name started with an "S". "Samsonite! I was way off!")

I have an edit to make. The name of the last movie I mentioned is Trading Places starring Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd. My wife watches all those Trading Spaces, While You Were Outs and I guess I have them on the brain. Ick.