1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by IgorPonweed, Feb 16, 2007.

1. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Today, the Muppet Newsflash announced that Sesame Workshop announced they would make an international spin-off of Sesame Street starring :p and :( as stop motion figures rather than puppets. They will be five minute stories of Ernie and Bert's adventures. The show will be produced and animated by the Misseri Studio. The first season of the series includes 26 episodes, will be available to syndicates in March 2008, and a second season is planned for spring 2009. Old characters include Bernice (the pidgeon) and Rubber Duckie. New characters include relatives that have not been seen before. Sesame Workshop's executive VP of distribution (Terry Fitzpatrick) said that they were excited to bring the classic characters to a new dimension. I can't speak for others, but this sounds like it might be a great show! So, what do you think?
  2. MuppetMarc

MuppetMarc New Member

DUDE!!!!!!!! Are Steve and Eric still going to do the voices? And your avatar is insanely awesome. "Shubbery is my trade. I'm a shrubber. I collect and shape Shrubberies." "KNI!!!"
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, that's a surprise! Well, it gets support from me for its studio being Italian, hehe. Though, I've always had a fear of claymation, so those characters are freaking me out just a bit...but still it's Bert and Ernie!

It's a shame such a show won't be shown in the U.S. at this time. Sesame Street here is kinda stuck on one character (hint hint heh).
  4. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

not coming to the U.S. :( .. what's up with that?
  5. zns

zns Well-Known Member

It's a shame it's not going to air in the U.S. Maybe somebody will post the episodes on Youtube.com. Either way, it looks rather interesting.:p :(
  6. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Please stop beating on Elmo. :(
  7. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

Are there any news articles someone can link us to about this? I'd like to read more about it, if possible.

I've actually always really liked claymation, so I think this sounds interesting... it'll be tricky to make it work though. Hope they can get the look, movements, and dynamic right.
  8. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I willa give this the benefit of a doubt. Sounds good to me.
  10. heralde

Honestly, I'm not beating on Elmo the character. I am voicing my upset (as we are allowed to do) that the show focuses so much on one character. I've said before I wouldn't mind Elmo if the other characters were given equal time. I've said it, now I'm done here, end of story. :)

Hopefully we'll get to see this claymation show at some point. Thank you for pointing it out to us!
  11. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Hey, this is a little like a "Your Thoughts" Thread! STICKY PLEASE!
  12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

He was referring to Elmo? I thought he was complaining about Abby Cadabby;)

Anyway, the idea of a claymations eries with Ernie and Bert was announced one or two years ago.
  13. heralde

Oh no, not Abby, she's fine, hehe.
  14. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Nice.. its old news... but i thought it was forgotten... they started talking about this a year ago... or more... and nothing was heard from since.

Whats news is how many episodes, and what their release goal is. :) thnx for the info
  15. dabauckham

dabauckham Member

16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

This looks actually pretty awesome. I've actually been a fan of when Muppets are occationally animated(Little Muppet Monsters, Muppet Babies, Fraggle Rock, etc) Whats that Koala claymation show? I like that one. At first I thought the post on Muppet news flash was about new Sesame action figures(as they look like that) Im sure they'll be posted online somewhere when they debut.
  17. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

This looks interesting, and a nice way to bring Bert and Ernie to the spotlight more often. I don't see why they can't just use the puppets, but I guess they're trying something new.
  18. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

This looks really cool. Bummer that it isn't coming to the US but maybe will get to see it sometime or later. :p :(
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yes, this IS rather old news: they've been planning a stop-motion spin-off series with Ernie and Bert for quite some time, not to mention the fall of 2005 was supposed to see an hour-long special of Ernie and Bert travelling the world.

I'll believe this when I see this.
  20. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

sounds cool.... :) but why do i keep thinking "If this was Disney doing this with there Muppets, MC members would be bashing it left and right"