The (Animated) Adventures Of Ernie and Bert

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think it's because it's only the two characters and not all of the characters. If it were ALL of the SS characters you can bet a whistle we'd all be complaining.

It's kind of like the animated Big Bird sequence at the beginning of FTB, it was in his imagination. This way, anything that happens to Ernie and Bert may or may not have to be real, so if we don't like it (HA!) we don't have to accept it. Or somethign like that...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I think this would be really interesting to see. I like the concept. Plus, I hear that Ernie and Bert are quite popular in Europe (mostly in Germany)

I think it's because it's only the two characters and not all of the characters. If it were ALL of the SS characters you can bet a whistle we'd all be complaining.

It's kind of like the animated Big Bird sequence at the beginning of FTB, it was in his imagination. This way, anything that happens to Ernie and Bert may or may not have to be real, so if we don't like it (HA!) we don't have to accept it. Or somethign like that...

Well, there is always YouTube

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOW! So this is actually going to happen! I thought it would go back with America's Next Top Muppet, The Fox program, Muppet Haunted House, etc. TO be fair, this would have been the first one that SW would have canned before it was even started.

And no plans to bring it to the US? Is sprout still around? That would work there.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
This seems really interesting to me--of course, I'm a little biased, since :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: were always two of my absolute favorites. I used to make people call me "Ernie" sometimes. It's nice to see them trying a new format, a new medium, even though it won't feel quite right without the puppets. Still, if they capture the essence of the characters, it should be fine. I hope these make it onto YouTube!

DTWolf

Reaction score
Any word on WHY they're not currently planning it for U.S. release?

Do they think the U.S. is too Elmo-fied to accept Ernie and Bert? Or are they afraid this would compete with Elmo? Are the segments too short for PBS release (i.e., shorter than a half-hour show)? Do they think kids would be confused by having two different Sesame-related shows? Are they worried this will restart the ridiculous "are-they-gay" debate?

I'm curious.

Anyway--all that aside, I suspect eventually these shorts will get U.S. release, if only on DVD.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't think it could be too short to garner interest because the "Clone Wars" cartoons were originally 1 minute or less and were very popular.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the animated Adventures of Ernie and Bert.

SSLFan

Reaction score
This would make a great recurring segment on Sesame Street. Anyone agree?