The Arch Deluxe

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I thought they were doing another 'farewell tour' of the McRib right now?

At least that's what I thought....

Princeton

Reaction score
Remember the Good Morning Burger from the Simpsons? Same thought went through my mind.
I don't; what episode was it from?

But anyway, my real reason for reviving this ancient thread is because I discovered this commercial (I'm sure this didn't last long, either):http://youtu.be/gPs6ocFO2PQ. Does anyone remember this?

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
When I lived in Cresson, Pa., the local McDonald's had pizza, and if I remember correctly, it used to have hot dogs. I never ventured to try one of the pizzas though. And the Arch Delux was awesome.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Why do I think Ellio's when it comes to mcD's Pizza? Yeah, we had hot dogs for a VERY brief period in the 80's. How do I remember it being the 1980's? I got one with a Gravedale High Happy Meal.

Then there was a very brief time they brought them back, but they were EXPENSIVE!!!!

But the one thing I miss and infrequently find is McDonaldland cookies. Now, I remember there were little boxes of small chocolate chip ones, but you might just find bags of the ones shaped like the characters you don't see anymore.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Our McDonald's restaurants never really experimented (and frankly I say thank goodness!). Though I would like to try that McLobster just once, lol.

beaker

Reaction score
Dude...folks...it's all about 80's era McD's hot flakey apple pies, before they went all traditional in the 90's with apple. And the subset: blueberry flakey pies. Sure cherry and blueberry pies were hot as heck and deep fried unhealthyness, but so very amazing.
I used to love passing through tiny little Truckee California on the way to Tahoe as it meant getting blueberry greasey pies. And this obscure tucked away Lake Tahoe McD's had a seriously cool Mcdonaldland decor, with a giant fiberglass "Apple Pie Tree" character.

Kid's these days...they'll never know the glory of Mcdonaldland rides and fiberglass or the whole character motif. Frykids, burger and filet fish burger rides and seats...or the even earlier 70's era Officer Bigmac and Hamburgler playground equipment.I also remember both the Mcdonaldland cookies and magazine.

Why did McD get rid of Mcdonaldland characters after the end of the Klaspy Csupo cartoon series(which they never released on dvd) ? Who knows.

I just know I'd love a figure line that had the entire history, from figures of Speedy and original Ronald all the way to Mac Tonite, Grimace O'Grimmacey, Evil Grimmace, Spot from the cartoon and both 70's and 90's Birdy and the gang.

Also I remember a lot of odd Taco Bell menu items from the 1980's...

beaker

Reaction score
Also, THIS was my favorite book growing up:smile:

Princeton

Reaction score
Why did McD get rid of Mcdonaldland characters after the end of the Klaspy Csupo cartoon series(which they never released on dvd) ? Who knows.
The story I heard was that they were sued by Sid and Marty Kroft who claimed that the McDonaldland universe was too similar to HR Puffenstuf.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The story I heard was that they were sued by Sid and Marty Kroft who claimed that the McDonaldland universe was too similar to HR Puffenstuf.
That's odd though, the characters were around for 20 years. Why would it suddenly be a problem later?