The Arch Deluxe

Drtooth

Reaction score
The story I heard was that they were sued by Sid and Marty Kroft who claimed that the McDonaldland universe was too similar to HR Puffenstuf.
That was VERY early on where they tried to sue them. At least, that's what I hear. I mean, why would ANYONE care about a show from 20 years ago if they weren't fans?

Grimace, Birdy, and Hamburgaler were victims of changes in marketing. Sometime in the 90's they played the EXTREEEEEEEEEME card, and then it seemed that they made the commercials appeal to older and older kids. Ronald disappeared, reappeared, and disappeared again. Now it's some weird campaign with UGLY CGI characters that are supposed to look quirky...

Now, they're victims of commercials=BAD garbage and half butt parental groups that are seeking bandaid solutions to a media frenzied "epidemic." I'm not denying there is a problem at all, but it's got very little to do with cartoon mascots.

Seriously, I miss FUN cereals. now everything has to have huge fiber contents, because kid's have to eat like constipated 50 year olds with an ulcer. it SUCKS to be a kid, especially today. The song freakin' says "A Cookie is a Sometimes Food" and no one's listening.

Still, I miss Grimace and Captain Cook and Hamburgaler and all that. I have all these old toys with them.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Seriously, I miss FUN cereals. now everything has to have huge fiber contents, because kid's have to eat like constipated 50 year olds with an ulcer. it SUCKS to be a kid, especially today.
I don't know, I honestly don't mind. I mean, it was fun while it lasted, but who were we kidding? Marshmellows and chocolate for breakfast? It was wrong then and it's wrong now, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've heard of more bizzarre cereals... there was one with freeze dried ICE CREAM in it... that was from the 70's, though... before out time.

I know that stuff is bad and all, but more colorful cereals with wacky shapes and weird tastes once in a while isn't terrible... considering I've seen Bran with High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Special K has it, and they promote it as a health food! The wackiest new cereal I found is Pebbles Boulders... a caramel and apple flavored cereal with neon green bones.

There's nothing wrong with Cheerios and flavored versions of it... but every once in a while a wacky cereal that's neon colored won't hurt. Anything in moderation.

But then again Count Chocula doesn't say that if you eat nothing but bowls of his cereal, you'll become healthier.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've seen Bran with High Fructose Corn Syrup in it. Special K has it, and they promote it as a health food!
Oh I know, I was so disapointed when I saw the label. It's really getting ridiculous how often that stuff is used.

Princeton

Reaction score
The wackiest new cereal I found is Pebbles Boulders... a caramel and apple flavored cereal with neon green bones.
'Pebbles' as in Fruity and Cocoa? I've been looking for the Boulders in my local grocery stores, but can't find it. Maybe it's a regional thing.:smirk:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Speaking of cereal, is it strange that, and even as a kid, I would much rather eat cheerios than fruit loops or corn flakes instead of fruity pebbles? Even as a kid I ate around the marshmallows in lucky charms. I just never liked sugary or fruity cereal (although I do love honey nut cheerios)

On another note, does McDonalds still have fruit and walnut salads? They were just apples, grapes, and walnuts with yogurt. I realize I could make my own for a fraction of the price, but I was just wondering. I dont go to mcdonalds enough to really pay attention (and I dont really like their food)

Princeton

Reaction score
'Pebbles' as in Fruity and Cocoa? I've been looking for the Boulders in my local grocery stores, but can't find it. Maybe it's a regional thing.:smirk:
Found it! It's not regional in terms of not being able to find it in certain states, but rather certain stores within your county. It's not the best cereal you'll ever have, but you'll enjoy it if you like the taste of apple-cinnamon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's something I like to call "wheat corruption" where a cereal that should use corn uses trace amounts of wheat in it, but you can taste the wheat and feel it's graininess anyway. There's a little of that that distracts from the candy apple flavor, but it still seems a nice throwback to when cereals could be creative and have multiple odd colors.

There's no beating

A sugary, cookie and cake tasting cereal with green and purple disks and purple Buzz Lightyear and LGM graham cookies. The heck with those rock hard Mar-bits... cookies in cereal? GENIUS! Better than Cookie Crisp that doesn't even taste like cookies. Of course, something just good comes in second place for me...

Frosted Cheerios with CHOCOLATE Graham cookies! While it lacks the colorful presentation of Buzz Lightyear, the chocolate ads a nice cookies and creme flavor to the cereal... even better than Oreo-o's before they bzztrrdized it with mar-bits.

BTW, there's also a hard to find Smurfs cereal that has a retro cartoon Smurfs flip side of the box... but it's basically Fruity Pebbles with every color but blue taken out and white ones added in.

Princeton

Reaction score
There's something I like to call "wheat corruption" where a cereal that should use corn uses trace amounts of wheat in it, but you can taste the wheat and feel it's graininess anyway. There's a little of that that distracts from the candy apple flavor, but it still seems a nice throwback to when cereals could be creative and have multiple odd colors.
I actually prefer wheat-based cereals (although Corn Pops are sort of a guilty pleasure), so as far as Pebbles Boulders are concerned, the 'wheat corruption' doesn't bother me that much.