The Arch Deluxe

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually prefer wheat-based cereals (although Corn Pops are sort of a guilty pleasure), so as far as Pebbles Boulders are concerned, the 'wheat corruption' doesn't bother me that much.
I see what you mean... but some cereals need corn to balance out the delicate flavors. Wheat has a very pronounced flavor and texture, and that's better for something where the wheat is the star. Oats also have a very big flavor... you can taste more of the Froot Flavor in Froot Loops than in Fruity cheerios... but when it comes to Honey nut or even Apple Cinnamon, the oaty flavor actually has a nice balance and adds notes to the otherwise artificial flavors.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'm getting nostalgic and misty-eyed right now.

Way back in the 70's when they introduced breakfast, that was a radical idea. They had the Egg McMuffin (there'smoreinthemiddleofanEggMcMuffinthananegginthemiddleofamuffin!) for some time, but being able to get hotcakes and sausage for the first time was as cool as it got.

I do miss the deep-fried apple pies (healthier now, but nowhere near as tasty), McRib resurfaces a few times a year, and when Big Macs, Filet of Fish, and Quarter Pounders came in those styrofoam boxes.

And McDonaldLand cookies were da bomb- for a while they were almost like animal crackers, shaped like Ronald, Grimace, etc. which were cool because no other fast-food joint had them.

Tanx for bringing back some neat memories. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
McDonald's has introduced a new yolk-free McMuffin called the "Egg White Delight". I'm very much looking forward to this; not only are egg whites healthier for you, but I was always doubtful about whether the rubbery yolk in your basic McMuffin was actually an egg at one time.

Not a fan of eggs by much, but the yolk is the only thing worth eating in an egg dish where they're separate (i.e. poached, hard boiled, fried, or deviled). personally, I'd rather have the hotcakes or a sausage Mcbiscuit. If I can get someone to go and get me one during breakfast hours, I'll save the thing for lunch. I'm strictly a sweet tooth in the morning. Mainly because savory hurts my stomach until noon. I did adore the breakfast burrito when it first came out. Also the McGriddle with only sausage (the egg, cheese and sausage was a little too much for my tastes).

I do miss the deep-fried apple pies (healthier now, but nowhere near as tasty), McRib resurfaces a few times a year, and when Big Macs, Filet of Fish, and Quarter Pounders came in those styrofoam boxes.
I have such an adamant hate of styrofoam, that I'm glad they made the switch over. I mean, touching the stuff alone makes me nauseous. The sound of it squeaking... that's sheer torture for me. it makes my entire body feel cold. My mother still hates the fact that means there can't be a McDLT anymore. The closest thing is like, a Daily Double, and that lettuce and tomato get kinda wilted when put together.

And McDonaldLand cookies were da bomb- for a while they were almost like animal crackers, shaped like Ronald, Grimace, etc. which were cool because no other fast-food joint had them.
Believe it or not, if you're really really and I mean REALLY lucky, you can still find them. At least last year. It's just not common, but I got them a few times last year. One even had a table full of small packages of them for free. I swiped a few. Dunno if they still have them at those locations because I didn't check last time. But yeah, those things are great. They should sell them in stores ala Teddy Grahams.

Of course, what I'm very nostalgic about... that one glorious month they had Hot Dogs and Hot Dog happy Meals. I think I got a Gravedale High figure with that one... that's how long ago it was. I also remember getting a huge stomach ache taking on the Flintstones movie promotional super sized McRib meal as a kid. I also lament the demise of the large plastic promotional drinks they used to have when a movie came out. Anyone remember the Batman Returns giant drinks that came with small Bat Frizbees as the lid?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I heard McDonalds is doing away with their chicken selects if they haven't already. Makes me sad. They were a hundred times better than the disgusting mound of unidentifiable meat-like product they call a nugget :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't see why they are. After all, the Chicken Select based Snack Wrap is as popular as ever. Then again, Chicken Strips are pretty common place, and everywhere else has them anyway.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=0ef69534-4ab8-43cb-aacd-04ce25aeeaf3

Apparently they aren't selling well. But I mean, they've been on the menu for years, haven't they? Seems odd. I can understand the fruit and walnut salad...most of the time they don't even seem to keep them in stock and no one knows they even existed.

But I'm starting to like their hamburgers. Must be all that pink slime :stick_out_tongue:
But I'd still rather eat anywhere that's not McDonalds

Drtooth

Reaction score
I try only to eat there when the Happy Meal toy is good. I really should check e-Bay so I can get actual full sets instead of almost a set.

Of course, maybe the reason they're not selling is because how freakin' expensive they are. You could almost buy Tyson Frozen ones in a big bag for the price of 3.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really don't see why they couldn't keep the Chicken Selects as the snack wraps... they have some sort of sliced fried chicken thing in there instead.

There's a rumor that they're mulling over having Breakfast all day. Don't see how that would work. I know one that serves it after midnight, though.