The Baker Falling Down the Stairs Series

Reaction score
Do you know where I could get this animation on tape, or do they still show it on the Sesame Street shows ? Thanks !

Absolutely! I have that one on tape. It's (unofficially) called "Cast of Charactors" (sic)

1: deflated
2: yanked into ground
3: falls backwards into water
4: slides when ground is tilted
5: popped with pin
6: grabbed away with hook
7: shatters
8: carried away by eagle
9: overinflated until it bursts
10: bowled over
11: banged together and shattered
12: pushed away by bulldozer
13: closed up in backhoe
14: pounded by mallet
15: squooshed by foot
16: crushed by falling tree
17: devoured by Cookie Monster (in his voice!)
18: under a falling safe
19: dynamited
20: shatters after feather falls upon it

At the end, the announcer says, "Today's cast, in the order of appearance, were the numbers 1, 2, 3...19, and 20." The numbers appear in a slow credits crawl; note that at the top, "characters" is misspelled![/QUOTE]

ssetta

Reaction score
No they don't show this anymore.

Teankun

Reaction score
I know they showed the baker skits well into the 80s.

SS had a parody of "Sneak Previews" (Siskel and Ebert got started) called "Sneek Peek Previews" which was hosted by Oscar and Telly. Ernie and Bert were watching the "episode" when they reviewd the "#10 Baker bit" After the show, Enrie comes into the apartment with one single stack of ten chocolate layer cakes. Bert got really worried as Ernie was losing balance then the stack fell...and stayed together becasue they were fake. Bert was not amused at Ernie's joke.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Teankun said:
I know they showed the baker skits well into the 80s.

SS had a parody of "Sneak Previews" (Siskel and Ebert got started) called "Sneek Peek Previews" which was hosted by Oscar and Telly. Ernie and Bert were watching the "episode" when they reviewd the "#10 Baker bit" After the show, Enrie comes into the apartment with one single stack of ten chocolate layer cakes. Bert got really worried as Ernie was losing balance then the stack fell...and stayed together becasue they were fake. Bert was not amused at Ernie's joke.
Hmmm. I remember that one. Though it's been years since I saw it.

Scottiei

Reaction score
I've been thinking of these number skits for years...I LOVED watching them back in the 80's when I was a kid.

Does anyone...anyone...have a copy of these skits on VHS that would be willing to send me??????? I have the Baker #10 skit from the SS 35th anniversary episode, but would love to have one or more of the remaining series.

I'd be willing to pay just about any $$ (within reason of course) to see these skits again and relive my childhood :wink: . I wish Sesame Street (or Noggin or whoever) would show these once again!!!

Please e-mail me or post here if you can/wanna help me out. I would be forever greatful!!!

e-mail: scottiei@earthlink.net