1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Best of The Muppets from The Muppet Show"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Dil, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Dil

Dil Guest

Maybe in the end of The Wishing Song, when Madeline pulls a cloth from Gonzo, more cloth's come out, making one cloth a long and colorful coth.
  2. Dil

Dil Guest

Anyway, this would be perfect for The Best of The Muppet Show DVD's volume 16-20:

NOTE: The episodes are the same, but I've used some new Muppetisms, except for one, and new Movie Manias. They would dig deep for these Drawings, too. Maybe Time-Life would think of the Did-You-Knows. Uh, OK. Here it is:
    Maybe that'll pay Disney's attention.. right?

OK, here's the plan, members. To give Disney more attention about these, maybe you could figure out the best way, okay?

(I want to see the Spike Milligan episode, because some people think that Milligan is the most hillarious Muppet Show guest, ever. And I want to watch that for laughs. If my wishes were released to video and DVD, the first one of these in my quote on my post would be... volume 18.)

Blah Blah Blah...
    OK, now you've got the plan?
  3. Dil

Dil Guest

Remember, The Muppet Show is my favorite Muppet Show.
    And... these would be a perfect idea for me about these Time-Life video.

(The rules and ideas are in Post # 62 on this thread.)
  4. Dil

Dil Guest

Hey, if our plan doesn't work,
    then perhaps there's GOTTA be a way to make the perfect Best of The Muppet Show DVD's volume 16-20 list wish granted.
  5. Dil

Dil Guest

Here's a good one:

"The Best of The Muppet Show: I Love To Laugh!"
    featuring:
    *Spike Milligan
    *Gilda Radner
    *Don Knotts
    *Milton Berle

BONUS FEATURES:
    *Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game
    *Guest Star Gallery
    *English & French Subtitles
    *Animated Menu
    *Muppet Morsels

What do you think of that idea?
  6. Dil

Dil Guest

And another thing, in this DVD release, the opening scene (Gonzo & The Butterfly) from the Gilda Radner episode would be replaced by S & W (W: Oh, please, don't make us watch it again). If you answered all of the jokes correctly in the Fozzie's Joke Trivia Game, you would be able to watch the Zero Mostel & Marty Feldman episodes.
  7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Uh, why would you replace one scene from an opening with another scene? Do you hate the episode that originally featured Statler and Waldorf's comment but like everything from the Gilda Radner episode except for Gonzo's opening scene? :eek:
  8. Dil

Dil Guest

It's just due that this opening of the Radner ep. did not include the shot of S or W (aside the audience singing 'Why Don't You Get Things Started?").
    I might like the episode that originally featured Statler & Waldorf's comment.
    I indeed do like the Gilda Radner episode, although the closing number is well... quasi-anoiyment... but kind of silly! the Super Glue, Muppet Labs, etc. etc.
  9. David French

David French Member

I think a better suggestion would be if Rhino Records were to re-release the original Muppet Show LPs on CD, complete with liner notes and bonus selections.

For example, for The Muppet Show 2 you could include as bonus tracks the songs from The Muppet Show Music Hall EP.