The Best Sequels Ever Thread!

SillyRed

Reaction score
I liked some of disney's sequels, including the Fox and the Hound 2. Jonah Bobo(the voice of Austin on the Backyardigans) did a good job voicing Tod and Reba was in it too. So it might have been a real treat for Reba McEntire, Backyardigans, and Little Big Town fans.

I didn't mind the Cinderella sequels, either. I loved seeing more of Jaq and Gus. I love those Mice!

I liked the sequels to Toy Story, They were funny and Jessie has grown to be 1 of my favorite characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some of them were actually pretty good, but they were buried beneath a LOT of bad sequels, and even worse... 3 episodes of unsold TV series disguised as movies.

I gotta admit, I actually liked the second Aladdin film, even though Robin Williams got so angry at Disney, they had to get Dan Casteleneta... he did a good job, but I still think Maurice LaMarche would have been a better choice, as he can do ANY celebrity voice, including an impeccable Robin Williams (which was used on occasion in Tiny Toons). The Third one was good too, but mainly because he DID return as the Genie. It still drives home the fact that the movies borrowed from Indiana Jones, especially since he has a long last dad that suspiciously sounded like Sean Connery.

I also give props to Extremely Goofy Movie. I found the stuff about Max and Goofy leaving for college and Goofy fearing they were going to drift apart very moving. I just didn't like how they turned it into a commercial for the X_Games.

Now... I want all of you to read this. I found out the deep dark truth about Disney "cheapquels." If you absolutely hate them, you shouldn't so much be mad at Eisner... you should really focus your anger towards Filmation.

YES! That Filmation.

Here's why. I'm sure you know about the movies "Pinocchio and the Emperor of the Night" and "Snow White and the Land of Doom" (which we know as Happily Ever After). Those movies were intended to be unofficial sequels, not to the stories themselves, but as direct unofficial sequels to the Disney versions. Now, desperate move by Filmation to keep itself afloat or not is debatable... but I finally put 2 and 2 together. Disney was watching, they were probably a hair away from pouncing on them legally, and something tells me, they LIKED the idea. It could have also been a "bring it on" situation too.