The Chipmunks

Rugratskid

Reaction score
At least they're using the iMunk designs instead of the horrible CGI ones.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just wonder why they haven't released Simon or Theodore's designs yet.

Either way, I'm hoping it's a good show, the movies have been leaving a lot to be desired, but I do kind of hope the new show is a little truer to the characters. I still wonder, though, what their size will be in comparison to humans.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Apparently the new show, which is being renamed ALVINNN!!! AND THE CHIPMUNKS, has been delayed until 2015, for whatever reason.
2015 is barely 2 seasons away. No doubt it's going to take time to write and animate this show, and more time to sell it to various networks.

Something tells me it's going to be another year or so before they find an American network to put it on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Something tells me it's going to be another year or so before they find an American network to put it on.
There's rumors it's going to air on Qubo, but nothing's been confirmed about that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was first exposed to the Chipmunks through Alvin and the Chipmunks. Then I saw the Alvin Show designs, first when the shorts were shown on Nickelodeon's Weinerville and then when Nick aired The Alvin Show (and it seems two of the Chipmunks Sing-Along videos were compilations of the music segments). Sometime later I saw the cover of an early Chipmunks record and was surprised by how they originally looked like real Chipmunks.

After not watching Alvin and the Chipmunks for quite awhile but seeing The Alvin Show frequently, I once again saw some episodes on the VHS release "School's Out for Summer", and was confused that the opening was a little different than I remembered (mainly it not including things I remembered seeing), and especially confused that the title card read "The Chipmunks", instead of Alvin and the Chipmunks.

And then Alvin and the Chipmunks came to Nickelodeon, and the opening was as I had remembered (except for some reason Nickelodeon would edit the theme so that the theme would end with the title card for the first short, played over the ending audio of the theme). I also thought it was odd that the characters looked a little different from how they did on that "School's Out" VHS. But the syndication package ends before it got to those episodes, and it seems the majority of episodes on VHS back in the early 1990s are episodes left out of the syndication package (could Buena Vista Home Video have been generous or do those later episodes have cheaper music fees?). I was surprised when I learned that "Alvin and the Chipmunks Go to the Movies" was the last season of the show, I thought that was a direct-to-video collection.

I saw the first two movies in the theaters, haven't seen them since, and haven't seen Chipwrecked. I thought they were okay. I can't believe that they had the Chipmunks resemble actual Chipmunks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Simon and Theodore look a lot like their former cartoon selves (though I don't know if Theo is "cool" enough to pull off a hoody). Then again, so do Brittany and Eleanor... there's a different quality about Alvin that I can't really put my finger on (maybe it's the hair or something), and I still say Jeanette looks like the farmer's daughter next door, but other than that, I approve of these designs, definitely. It's almost hard to believe there's TREMENDOUS outcry from Chipaholics, all over the color of Theodore's eyes, I mean really...

I'm also a little curious as to why Janice is receiving sole creating credit for this show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like the character designs, but i'm just wondering about the animation. Looks like it could wind up similar to how Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood does. I'm not huge into that style of Faux CGI flash.