The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I would just assume that many episodes of TEC were destroyed in a fire. This woman named Heather appears to be a trusted source when it comes to claims like this, as she said she worked for the CTW, and I believe her. I'll even go to the extent that many classic episodes of Sesame Street may also have been destroyed in the same fire, and that could explain why many classic episodes will never see the light of day ever again.

In the meantime, let's simply not talk about George Wesson and/or that troublesome user ever again. I think we should get this thread back on track and discuss good memories from The Electric Company from here on in.

Last edited:

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
I would just assume that many episodes of TEC were destroyed in a fire. This woman named Heather appears to be a trusted source when it comes to claims like this, as she said she worked for the CTW, and I believe her. I'll even go to the extent that many classic episodes of Sesame Street may also have been destroyed in the same fire, and that could explain why many classic episodes will never see the light of day ever again.

In the meantime, let's simply not talk about George Wesson and/or that troublesome user ever again. I think we should get this thread back on track and discuss good memories from The Electric Company from here on in.
You guys are aware that the University of Maryland has scripts for almost all the Electric Company episodes, right?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Wonder if somebody could gain access to those scripts so that the episode guide could be filled in?

It won't take as long as it did with the Sesame Street episode guides on Muppet Wiki, due to The Electric Company having over 700 episodes as opposed to 4000+ for Sesame Street. The work on Muppet Wiki took a very long time, but the work accelerated during COVID-19 and is on the verge of being completed with images from street scenes in due time.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
Consider the possibility of duplicates of master tapes of The Electric Company episodes that were bicycled around as it were from PBS station to PBS station in the days before via satellite transmission, and if I remember right, Heather Ferreira has some of those duplicates, so there is a chance that the gaps on otherwise missing episodes could be filled in with them for a deluxe DVD/Blu-Ray box set of the series. Just my two cents.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
I would think that Sesame Workshop made backup copies of episode master tapes in the event unfortunate disasters like fires happened.

Lucas Kablookas

Reaction score
Thanks to YouTuber Sybil Kibble, we now know that Electric Company had classroom VHS's for school use! They showed clips instead of episodes.

ASD Mind

Reaction score
That may be, Lucas, but I have to say as the Autistic enthusiast of The Electric Company, I opt for the whole enchilada as in full episodes or not at all. Sorry, I am very depressed over something unrelated. Back to The Electric Company, the 1971-1977 original series is too good for Sesame Workshop to keep locked away forever and forgotten. So call me the bona fide IDIOT for still caring! I wasn't even four years old yet until October 1975 when the fifth season premiered on PBS member stations, thus with coming into being the same month and year as the series; October 1971, I was cheated out of seeing all of the first four seasons (1971-1975) by way of still being in the cradle and then early childhood. If I had been watching it along with Sesame Street in those years, I really can't remember. It seems that Sesame Workshop refuses to tell about what has become of the whole series, and if duplicates of episode master tapes exist across the country to fill in the gaps on what got lost in the vault fire. I know a university in Georgia has duplicates of master tapes of three or so episodes, including the next to last Friday program of the fourth season (1974-1975), that being Show #515. (The fourth season concluded with Show #520.) The other two are Show #1 and Show #35A, the latter having its production slate countdown at the beginning, as does #515, and was not subjected to the editing hatchet job that it went through for the first or second volume DVD box set release from Shout Factory of The Best Of The Electric Company. The petition I still have running is now at 406 signatures. Call me silly, but I still aim to collect all 780 programs before I die! Again, I am really sorry that I am cross.

Last edited:

ASD Mind

Reaction score
A favorite skit of mine would have to be what I was introduced to in the Noggin reruns; what was likely the first Here's Cooking At You skit, with Judy Graubart as the spoof of Julia Child; Julia Grownup. The hysterical skit demonstrating double consonants (the Grilled Dill Pickles With Chilled Vanilla Filling recipe!), where in it Graubart employs this factory drill to drill the holes in the Dill pickles. "Well if you don't drill the Dills, how are you going to fill the Dills, you silly?" "Turn it on and slowly bring the drill down, make sure you get a nice, clean hole. Save the middle that comes out because we'll use it later in a recipe I call Grilled Dill Pickle Middle Ala King!" She makes a bit of a mess of things applying the chilled whipped vanilla cream filling into the hole openings of the Dill pickles. "Take the plate of Dill pickles and rest it against your chest." 🤣 Which she does and continues applying the chilled whipped vanilla cream filling from its bottle into the holes drilled into the Dill pickles!

elelover95

Reaction score
I remember that.
I actually had my mom make me those in real life, and I actually ate them while filming myself. They weren’t that bad from what I remember.