The Cleveland Show likely to be cancelled

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
You know something? He does too. He's done that, now he wants to move on.

But seriously... I love how Seth gets all the blame for The Cleveland Show.
Makes sense. And perhaps MacFarlane getting the blame for his shows with which he's not much involved anymore, and his wanting the shows to end are not mutually exclusive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Fox is pushing these shows more than Seth is. The Cleveland Show sounded like a contractual obligation, and it really was Mike Henry's spinoff project. Oddly enough, Cleveland was far more likable than the Flanderized jerky manchild version of Peter Griffin. In fact, out of the three shows, Family Guy has the least likable characters. Mostly everyone on American Dad went through sharp character development. Stan went from being a nasty right wing strawman character to a surprisingly sympathetic protagonist in some episodes (especially ones that dealt with his parents). Peter started out as a younger, more modernized version of Archie Bunker (the opening theme song is a direct reference to All in the Family) mixed with 1980's sitcom fathers. Now he's just some idiot manchild with no personality.

But back to the shows... If you saw Seth's monologue on SNL (I don't know if it was the same for the west coast as it was the east coast), the audience cheered when he mentioned Family Guy, and he gave a response that was something to the extent of "really?" That spoke volumes.

Teheheman

Reaction score
The only reason that Seth is tired of doing all those shows is probably because he's burnt out. FOX is kind of stretching him too thin with Family Guy, American Dad, and this spin off that isn't even his show, like somebody here said, it's Mike Henry's show. It's just a character that was spun-off of Family Guy(Which I still kind of enjoy but not as much as I used to). Everybody is talking about how awesome American Dad is but I haven't really been into it as much as I used to. Also, I enjoy Bob's Burgers, it's an.....interesting show. I don't know how long the Cleveland Show will last on Adult Swim but it's good that they are at LEAST trying to put it on there because that seems to be life support to all cancelled cartoons from Fox. Futurama, Family Guy got back on the air with new episodes from there, and King of the Hill, while not having new episodes, is apparently enjoying halfway decent ratings.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm quite surprised they gave American Dad another season. That's been the redheaded stepchild for years. FG keeps circulating T-shirts, plush toys, and other little gag gifts. AD had stuff just before the show began and nothing else. of course, FG wouldn't even have came back if it weren't for AD. When Seth was selling that show to Fox, they basically said "Hey, wanna do some more Family Guy?"

Bob's Burgers is great. Perhaps not the right venue, it has a cable show feel to it. I love that they had that episode of Archer that crossed over with it (I have yet to see it though). I enjoyed the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon, but it was years too late to be relevant, and not old enough to be retro. Allen Gregory was an embarrassment.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I wonder what anyone thinks of Fox's upcoming Saturday late night animation block, ADHD (Animation Domination High-Def), which would compete against Adult Swim and SNL?

Even though cancelling America's Most Wanted was a very bad call, this seems a lot better than Cops and reruns of its other animated shows.

Drtooth said:
Bob's Burgers is great. Perhaps not the right venue, it has a cable show feel to it.
Fox seems to be treating the show real well. I'm awfully surprised it's in its 4th season now, not that it's a bad thing since I enjoy the show, too.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I thought that was in its 3rd season, and Cops is pretty much a FOX staple that really doesn't cost that much to produce so they can cheaply do a show like that. I don't know if it'll work, but it's gonna be interesting to see. Although, I'm a TAD surprised that nobody with ADHD hadn't complained about the initials of the name cause you know somebody would have..........if they would've paid attention lol.

Daniel

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I wonder what anyone thinks of Fox's upcoming Saturday late night animation block, ADHD (Animation Domination High-Def), which would compete against Adult Swim and SNL
Axe Cop looks interesting :smile: I just saw the trailer that was revealed at WONDERCON yesterday , the other two are who knows it depends to me

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just discovered Axe Cop, and the entire premise is extremely heart warming. The series was created and written by a 5/6 year old boy and drawn by his 30 year old brother. That's just absolutely adorable.

Fox seems to be treating the show real well. I'm awfully surprised it's in its 4th season now, not that it's a bad thing since I enjoy the show, too.
Bob's really should be more popular than it is. Something tells me if it was on AS or Comedy Central, no one would bat an eye. It just doesn't quite fit in with The Simpsons and Seth's shows... but that's all the better. It's the freshest out of all of them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Bob's Burgers is great. Perhaps not the right venue, it has a cable show feel to it. I love that they had that episode of Archer that crossed over with it (I have yet to see it though). I enjoyed the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon, but it was years too late to be relevant, and not old enough to be retro. Allen Gregory was an embarrassment.
I agree with pretty much all of that (maybe not the Archer stuff, because I've never heard of it). The Napoleon Dynamite cartoon was great, though it seems random (as random as the movie's plot and humor?) that they waited so long. I didn't really like Allen Gregory at all, and barely paid attention to any of the episodes I saw. Have either of those shows been released on DVD by now (it's been nearly a year since they started and ended)?

At first I thought Bob's Burger's was a bit too freaky, but it's grown on me quickly.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Allen Gregory was a terrible show. Aside from the ugly character designs and the overuse of pastel colors (way to burn the eyes of everyone watching), none of the characters were remotely likable. We had either oblivious jerks or Deadpan Snarking jerks. it would have worked as a movie, I guess... but everything was completely unlikable, and is considered one of the worst cartoons of all time.

Napoleon was good, but it was the wrong venue and too many years have past of the film being relevant. When most animated versions of movies happen (and even then, they're usually for kids) they're within a year or two of the film. Somehow, I feel the show would have thrived on FX or some other cable venue, but it really didn't fit with the Simpsons/Family Guy vibe. I really think the show should have been given another chance on a cable network.