The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

Frodis

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Any idea what year the "Some of us are here" segment aired? What happened in the segment?
It was from the mid 70's. It features the same muppet (Mahna-Mahna/Bip Bipodotta) from the "Fat Cat Scat" bit. Same background as "Fat Cat" as well. This one has him running around in the foreground and background singing "Some of us are here" as he and a few familiar Muppets run across the screen, and singing "None of us are here" as no Muppets appear on the screen". Eventually he does a freak out bit where ALL the Muppets show up and he sings some rapid fire lyrics about the types of Muppets that are present on screen. Eventually, no more Muppets appear with him and he is alone (with some echo added to his voice for effect) running around singing "None?" and looking for the other Muppets. At the very end of the sketch, he is far into the background, but he starts zig-zagging towards the camera until he finally gets close enough to block out the picture. End of sketch.

I saw that someone or other (with a very extensive trade list) had this available a couple years ago, as well as another tape trader that I seem to have lost contact with. I'm hoping that it will turn up around here at some point.

Frodis

ssetta

Reaction score
I have a whole bunch of old shows from seasons 24-26. They've got some good old clips never on Unpaved.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tricky business, this...

Recently I saw Plaza Sesamo air the Spanish dub of "Everybody's song" and I must say, the Bip Bopadotta used in that one is MUCH different from the others...

He had the hair an glasses, but he appeared as a pink/purplish AM with a long streak of orange hair (kinda like a mullet, but strait and long to the back) and instead of a big fuzzy beard (that connects with his hair) he just has a small goatee...

I'd give you a picture, but amoung other things, my spanish channels don't come in too well...

ssetta

Reaction score
I think he changed, or evolved over time. This was one of the later things with him. I believe it was done in 1984. Other later ones were Air, and The Opposite Song.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There's a photo of it already in the thread, and an explanation from the JHC (via email) why he looked so different from time to time.

cookiemark

Reaction score
mahna mahna

I just remember the earliest one with the scary guy, I remember I named my teddy bear Phenomena, cause thats what I thought it was, that was over 30 years ago and I still have the bear today.l I would really like to purchase some old tapes if anyone has them to sell I got Noggin like a day after unpaved ended and I was mad as ****.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm supposed to be doing a rewrite on my original article discussed in this thread for MC. Just got to get time...time...