The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

Rosewood

Reaction score
I am!

Fozzie Bear said:
BUMP! (Just for those interested in Mahna-Mahna).
I wrote a tribute to Bip/Mahnu Mahnu just this morning. When I wrote it, this thread either wasn't being displayed, or somehow I missed it, or I simply would have added it to this one. If you watch the tail end of the 35th anniversary SS show, they show the "Mahnu Mahnu" segment (that I remember seeing as a kid) while they display the credits. Even though there were words going in front of it, Just seeing part of this clip that I hadn't seen in over 30 years was well worth it. This is the clip I am refering to in that tribute. Its the only one I have ever had the privilage of seeing and I would do anything to see it again! at the age of 3 it was my all-time favorite! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I saw your thread and I hit the "search" option at the top of the boards and typed in "Mahna" and that got me back to this old thread--a very important thread at that--and posted a hoarde of links in there, including a link to this thread.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
So do you know when this guy performed it on Sesame Street and what his name is?
Not sure if it was mentioned, but he first sang it way back in episode 14 of SS. This would mean the original broadcast date is November 27, 1969--three days before it would be on the "Ed Sullivan Show".

greg

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find a video of the original appearance on SS?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The SS version can be spotted in shows #198, 355, and 573.

bullgates

Reaction score
Would it be possible for someone to update the pictures from the original post? We have been trying to figure out Bip and MahnaMahna and it's driving us crazy.

bullgates

Reaction score
Check out the end of this clip.

Youtube dot com

Search sesame street.

Page 3 Video 6

Sesame Street 35th Anniversary Ending

Also try Page 2

Fat cat sat on hat

Video # 31

Sorry I can't post links right now.

greg

Reaction score
I love that clip. Its what got me into puppets in the first place.