The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just as soon as I get photos taken of it. I hope soon!! I don't have a means to put it online is the next problem. I'll ask Scott or Jamie.

Frodis

Reaction score
MIKEB97 said:
Bip Bipadotta sang a song called "Opposites" in the mid to late 1980's. He was in a black backround running up and down a staircase, He yelled, "LOUD!" When a trumpeter and a Drum player played and whispered, "Soft." When all was quiet. He also hollered, "NEAR! FAR!"

There was another song he sang called "Some of Us are Here" with cameos of Herry, Praire, Cookie Monster, Frazzle and Guy Smiley.

Remember?
I've been on a mission to find the "Some of Us are Here" segment for years. I ran across a few tape traders that had it, but was never able to procure a copy. That's gotta be my favorite bit ever on Sesame Street. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. I also remember seeing Grover running around in the crowd of muppets during the segment.

If anyone does have this, please e-mail me. I have other cool SS stuff on tape (non-Unpaved stuff) to trade.

Frodis

MIKEB97

Reaction score
If anyone does have this, please e-mail me. I have other cool SS stuff on tape (non-Unpaved stuff) to trade.

Frodis[/QUOTE]

Hey Frodis, Would you mind sending me an e-mail of stuff that you have? I may be interested in them.Feel free to e-mail me at sourfish69@hotmail.com.

ssetta

Reaction score
What type of stuff do you have? Like old shows that were never on Unpaved?

Frodis

Reaction score
ssetta said:
What type of stuff do you have? Like old shows that were never on Unpaved?
I have a 45 minute compilation that I made of a bunch of older clips that I happened to tape over the years from tv, as well as a tape I recently discovered of 3 1/2 full shows from 1987 (non unpaved) with a bunch of cool stuff on them.

I'd be willing to trade this stuff for the Mahna Mahna/Bip Bipodotta "Some of Us are Here" segment or any other old stuff that wasn't on Unpaved.

Frodis

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Any idea what year the "Some of us are here" segment aired? What happened in the segment?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and he mentioned that, last year after one of the Journey to Ernie segments, they played the clip where the two puppets are sitting there going: "Fat." "Cat" "Mat." Bat." and then the "Mahna Mahna" character pops up and starts singing really fast, high energy: "A fat cat sat on a mat with a bat..." on and on. Do any of you remember this? Do you think it'll be on sometime this year?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That's the aforementioned Fat Cat Scat. The lyrics and photos appear in the book Sesame Street Unpaved. It was a really cool segment!!

FOZ