1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The Cute Wars

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by peyjenk, Nov 20, 2007.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

well i think Robin was a great tiny tim

2. BeakerSqueedom

BeakerSqueedom Active Member

Wow, that is very observant, Peyenk.
    It is indeed true, that muppets naturally have that sort of cuteness--to some degree. No matter how gruesome the muppet--there is always something "aww" about it.

Clueless Morgan may be as dumb as a bell..
    but he is sweet!
    That's what makes him adorable.

That is a small example.

3. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

I think Rowlf the dog is one of the sweetest muppets.
    Heck so are Fozzie & Gonzo but we're going on cute here not sweet.
    Scooter means well but is more eager to please than anything.
    If I have to choose Robin or Bean I'll go with Bean he oozes cuteness while Robin at times can be a total brat to Kermit as seen in season 2 of the show.
    I'd say Rizo and Pepe as a team have some pretty cute muppets together.
    Heck even sweatums has been pretty cute and sweet at times. :)

4. Robin gets my vote!

Patricia/cherrypotion

5. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Well-Known Member

Bean rocks! He's the kind that you just want to snuggle the stuffing out of!

6. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Bean is cute in a sickeningly sweet way. Though I say that in the best possible way. I like Bean.

But Robin is a different level of cute. He always came off as being a sweet little guy, and I agree that he makes an excelent Tiny Tim.

7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Squeegee, I agree with Bunsen. When he hisses at Ms Bitterman in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, I could just scoop him up, he's adorable.

8. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

*Big Bird!*:D

bingboingcutie likes this.
  9. ChelseyBlair

ChelseyBlair New Member

Robin of course! :D

10. Pork

Pork Active Member

I'll vote for Bean.

11. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

yeah.. spankin' profitable shows! one of my favorite moments in that movie! :confused:

as for the Bean v. Robin thing, I'm going with Robin.. although since it's Christmas, I would like to throw out there that my all-time cutest muppet would have to be Wendell Porcupine :zany:

12. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

When does this happen? I looked for it the other day and couldn't find it anywhere!

13. peyjenk

peyjenk New Member

Oh, wait a minute... I think I just answered my own question. You meant BUNSEN hisses as Bitterman... for some reason, I was looking for BEAN hissing at her.

Never mind. :)

14. Nyperold

Nyperold Member

Thog. "I was rereading Balzac the other day, only in translation--" ;)

Actually, although he is up there... hmm... Mary Louise? The girl from the Gogolala Jubilee Jug Band? The baby Koozebanians? Or Mean Mama's Baby?

But between the two characters given, I must cast my vote on the side of Robin.

15. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Oh no! Sorry for my ambiguity.

16. Vincent L

Vincent L Well-Known Member

Robin the Frog
    You know, there should be a poll for this.

17. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

*Cough cough Fozzie*

Robin!!! ROBIN I SAY!

18. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Robin flippers down.

miss kermie likes this.
  19. Borples

Borples Active Member

I gotta go with Robin. I know Bean's whole schtick was supposed to be that he was cute, but I usually couldn't see it. I think it was his eyes. For some reason, the glass eyes didn't have as much personality as the usual Muppet ping-pong or flat plastic eyes. Which is kind of weird, now I think about it...

The exception was MCC, though. Bean was adorable when he was singing Good King Wenceslas. I'd give good money to hear him sing the whole thing. :)

PanthraDion and miss kermie like this.