The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know most of you are younger than me,but can I gripe (again?) please?
Valentines' Day drives me crazy just like it did last year and the year before,I honestly thought that I'd be married,or at least have a guy in my life by now. No such luck. And it hurts like you wouldn't believe!
I'm sorry, Kathy :frown: I know the feeling and the pain. I've been struggling whether or not to join a dating site or something...

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Kathy :frown: I know the feeling and the pain. I've been struggling whether or not to join a dating site or something...
Thanks bb. I would love to join a dating site. God knows I love my mother but due to my circumstances,she's a bit overprotective of me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not feeling as miserable as I thought I would today...

But still... I keep picturing She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named and her guy going out and doing romantic lovey-dovey stuff... or even worse, they could staying IN and doing romantic lovey-dovey stuff if you know what I mean. :eek: I wouldn't think she's that kind of girl, but I know how nobody likes to play by the "rules" anymore and... oh, why should I care? Her business is hers, why should I concern myself?

Nick22

Reaction score
it doesn't rully feel like valentine's day at all, so i don't rully care.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I spent the day shopping and didn't really think about it. So I survived :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I survived today as well... and I'm actually somewhat proud of myself - I was expecting to feel absolutely rotten and miserable today, but that wasn't the case.

Of course, with my dad out of town right now, he wasn't aware I wasn't celebrating V-day this year, so he called me up this afternoon and wished me a "Merry Valentine's Day", so I forgive him for that, lol.

Well... now that this is all over with... back to our lives, citizens!

Convincing John

Reaction score
I cannot STAND those marshmallow peeps! DISGUSTING! They taste like cra-yap!
For some reason, I could totally hear Baby Bear saying that. I don't know why, but it just popped into my head. Couldn't you see him shoving away a box of Peeps and being grossed out?

If you did nothing else this Valentine's Day, you got to participate in this thread and vent your feelings...and with fellow Muppet fans! At least you got someone to talk to online anyway...sure beats being completely alone. Take it from me, a message board is a LOT better than no communication at all.

(BTW, I'm with you on the Peeps. Sure, they're nasty tasting, but they might make good spackle if you smoosh 'em up first).:big_grin:

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
Kathy, let me tell you, it ain't easy finding someone to date if you live in an area full of senior citizens.

My hometown was (and still is) loaded full of them. No kidding, over 75% of the town is over retirement age. What makes it worse is that the place is rapidly becoming a ghost town. Main Street is all but deserted except for a few businesses one of the big wigs own. Imagine huge Cadillacs driven slowly by white poofs--no you don't even see the whole head, just the top of a white poof of hair.

Imagine all these cars slowly trundling around as the local radio station plays (I'm not kidding) three hours of polka music so old, Lawrence Welk's material would be considered "new hits". This music always plays on speakers on posts up and down Main Street.

The only breaks that this radio station has from the Depression-era polka music is local news. It's read (again, I'm not kidding) in the same tone and delivery as Bert's "Pigeons in the News" radio program. (What my hometown has to report is not nearly as exciting as "Pigeons in the News"). Unless you count the morning hog and feed report, that is.
Throw in elements of South Park's "Grey Dawn" episode and there you have it.

And that's what I grew up with...for 18 years. I nearly went insane.

This is why I would agree with you that online dating would be an excellent idea. I met my future fiancee on a site called OKCupid.com. It's free and you can instant message, select what you want/don't want in a relationship and all that. If you want, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Until about a year ago, I had all but given up. I'd definitely try the online dating, though. I'd steer clear from Plentyoffish.com. Maybe it's different for other people, but all the dates I went on from that site ended up like this.

Convinving John

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
This is why I would agree with you that online dating would be an excellent idea. I met my future fiancee on a site called OKCupid.com. It's free and you can instant message, select what you want/don't want in a relationship and all that. If you want, PM me and I'll tell you what I did.

Until about a year ago, I had all but given up. I'd definitely try the online dating, though. I'd steer clear from Plentyoffish.com. Maybe it's different for other people, but all the dates I went on from that site ended up like this.

Convinving John
I've heard a lot of good things about OKCupid. Are they really completely free? I've been looking into gk2gk.com, but of course they'd force me to pay money just so I could contact some of these people :rolleyes:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yes, OkCupid is completely free, plus you have more of a space to update your profile, better choices, etc. It worked for me!:big_grin:

Convincing John