The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

James Denny

Reaction score
Well I work at a bar and I've asked my boss to consider a St Valentines Day Massacre as a theme as everyoe who works there is single. It's not that I don't want others to be happy, my gosh it's why i step back a lot, but i don't see that i should be forced into feeling positive about it either especially since this will be my umpteenth Valentine's day alone. I don't crave adulation, I'm not :mad: but it would be nice to have a date sometime before Valentine's Day 2012, s'all im saying.

Pork

Reaction score
I'm sure there's not a single person out there who's only been in one relationship their entire life... I don't even know how I want to word my point, but I'd just as soon be able to find my soul mate, and that be the one and only relationship I'd be in for the rest of my life.
My Mum and Dad were never in a previous relationship before they got married. And I know they will never ever leave each other. So there's another one to add to your list.

Same deal with my sister, She never was in a relationship with anyone until she knew it was the man she was going to marry. They are married now, it's so lovely.

And yeah, same thing with my Older brother too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And, if I'm not mistaken, Alan Alda has only been married to his wife Arlene for... ever really, lol.

For some reason though, I keep having visions of She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named resurfacing in my life years later, but I'm wondering if they're not visions so much as they are wishful thinking. :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As an adult who's single and likely to remain so it just serves as a reminder that I am single and likely to remain so. Can't even really enjoy it as a candy day since I hate those stupid little chalky hearts.
I said it before... NOTHING Beats Easter and Halloween when it comes to candy. Halloween gets disgustingly creative (Gummy eye balls, chocolate eye balls with some sort of filling... basically any grose dismembered body part in gummi or chocolate form)... and Easter, since.. I like Bunnies. Chickees too, but bunnies are just the coolest decoration and shape of candy (that isn't aforementioned body parts). I wanna see Halloween candy shaped like hearts. No, not those little card game shapes we call hearts... actual human heart looking stuff.

Christmas is okay, but everything's Santa and Snowman and wreath shaped. Not as fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who DOESN'T like bunnies?

I have to admit though, while I like chickies as animals, I cannot STAND those marshmallow peeps! DISGUSTING! They taste like cra-yap!

Besides, as far as Valentine's Day candy is concerned, there's more to it than heart-shaped sweetarts... every year, my mom usually gets my dad a huge box of Whitman's chocolates, which are always pretty good... the fluff-filled chocolates that come in those heart-shaped boxes with cartoon characters on them are hit-and-miss, I think. And what about Hershey's Kisses? Always a winner.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I'm sure there's not a single person out there who's only been in one relationship their entire life... I don't even know how I want to word my point, but I'd just as soon be able to find my soul mate, and that be the one and only relationship I'd be in for the rest of my life.
If it makes you feel any better... I've NEVER been in a relationship. Not ONE, ever. So, anybody who feels bad should remember that they aren't me :shifty:

... oh man, I'm pathetic.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
Single-awareness day (VD) is just another day. I guess I don't really understand the meaning of it, and I certainly don't know why people ridicule those of us who are happily with someone but still have NO desire or intention of "celebrating" as if it's the one day of the year when we'll decide to show eachother that we like to be together.
You know what's great, though? Those big Reeses peanut butter hearts. YUM! I wouldn't expect my husband to buy me one - we are those who don't celebrate this (fake) "holiday" as aforementioned, but, after the day is over, if some store still has one... I'm all over it.