The Disney Store

beaker

Reaction score
Well, speaking of WDW...tonight on the Simpsons, they went to WDW and Epcot Center. And it was just hillarious...prolly the best Simpsons Ive seen in ages...they really stuck it to Disney(especially that last part with the high fence wire and overpriced gag) Also, I didnt know WDW has the Enron roller coaster ride?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

Yeah I miss the Sesame store! Before Fisher Price started churning out nothing but 1000% pure "Sesame Baby" garbage...this store featured respectible merchandise of the Sesame gang, and didnt resort to revisionist "Sesame Babies" dumbing down. (When I say Sesame Baby, I dont mean products for toddlers so much...just how they turned all the Sesame guys into 18 month olds...man Sesame toys were so much cooler in the 80's!) You'll have to go to Japan though to get actual Sesame merchandise now days.
Actually... They do have NEW adult sized Sesame Street T Shirts. No kidding. I dsaw onew a few days ago..I'll put them on another thread, If you'd like.

Anyway, I am still kinda miffed that back in 1999, when the Inspector Gadget Movie came out, they made only kid's clothing with Gadget on it (luckily, they opted to use the Cartoon Gadget, and not the Movie one). They did have Gadget Bean Bags (I have all three, Gadget, Dr. Claw, and Brain) and they sold out so increadably fast, it wasn't even funny! (I had to buy Brain and Claw at a semireputable dealer of a sports collectables store). But back to the shirts.... Does any little kid actually KNOW who Inspector Gadget was? I think that if they made like adult sized T-shirts, they would have been a smash. 80's nostalgia is coming back, and I have seen all this cool ALF and Ninja Turtlestuff thus so far, and I wouldn't doubt any Gadget Fans would want a Gadget T Shirt or something.

I was really P O'd when they never released any Emperor's New Groove stuff, and piled on the worthless 102 Dalmations garbage (it got such horrible reviews, and it didn't even have any reason of being made). The worst of it was when they had Winnie the Pooh dressed up like a dalmation. Yuck. (they eventually released Kuzco [both as a llama and a human], Pacha, and Yzma dolls, all four I have).

Lilo and Stitch, however, was an underpromoted surprise money maker. The Stitch action figures disappeared from shelves at TRU, and a few other places. In fact, they did pretty well, considering....

But I bet they feel like complete morons, siting on a mound of Treasure Planet and Country Bears dolls...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Well, speaking of WDW...tonight on the Simpsons, they went to WDW and Epcot Center. And it was just hillarious...prolly the best Simpsons Ive seen in ages...they really stuck it to Disney(especially that last part with the high fence wire and overpriced gag) Also, I didnt know WDW has the Enron roller coaster ride?
that was FUNNY

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

But I bet they feel like complete morons, siting on a mound of Treasure Planet and Country Bears dolls...
Hehe, no kidding! I can just imagine what kind of horrific abominations the mouse has in store for unsuspecting parents this year. Begun, the endless cheapques has.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY

LASTLY, DO NOT BE SARCASTIC WITH ME LIKE THAT! Your sarcasm was completely uncalled for. You insult my intelligence because of how much I spent on a ticket? Are you kidding me? I never thought I would get so angry on a Muppet Message Board! I think you owe me an apology of some type. How dare you insult me because of how I spent my vacation and my money. Tell you what, next time you go out and buy an expensive video game, or that new pair of sneakers, tell me. That way I can say how "smart" you are for spending your money the way you choose. Man you have some nerve!
Try not to get too upset. That kid acts like an idiot, and once you learn to ignore him, you will feel a lot better.

:stick_out_tongue:

GWGumby

Reaction score
Oddly enough, I've been waiting for years and years for some great Country Bears merchandise. I've always loved that show despite my disdain for country music. I've wanted Big Al toys and merchandise forever. Finally they release a movie and merchandise, but they changed everything for the movie to the point where I could care less about them. It's not the Country Bears I remembered and not the Country Bears I want.

kansasteen14

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Try not to get too upset. That kid acts like an idiot, and once you learn to ignore him, you will feel a lot better.

:stick_out_tongue:
well thanks,I'm sorry I just came across that way but I just got ) out of a depression(no excuse I guess) but I wont be coming back dont you worry, and you also like one

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am disgusted and put off by the Tresure Planet/ Country Bears stuff (which is now on clearance) but I do like most of the Lilo and Stitch stuff. Too bad Emperor's New Groove didn't have anything like this.

But I really hated it back in 2000-2001. Nothing but Winnie the Pooh/Dalmations/Dinosaur crud. I mean, I know Winnie the Pooh has a large female fan base, and I like Pooh, sort of, it's just the marketing that killed him for me...

But 102 Dalmations is the CHEAPEST FREAKING CHEAPQUAL EVER!!! I don't care about the budget, I don't care about who or what was in it, but DID IT EVEN HAVE A REASON FOR BEING MADE?!?!?!!?

beaker

Reaction score
I am disgusted and put off by the Tresure Planet/ Country Bears stuff (which is now on clearance) but I do like most of the Lilo and Stitch stuff. Too bad Emperor's New Groove didn't have anything like this.

But I really hated it back in 2000-2001. Nothing but Winnie the Pooh/Dalmations/Dinosaur crud. I mean, I know Winnie the Pooh has a large female fan base, and I like Pooh, sort of, it's just the marketing that killed him for me...

But 102 Dalmations is the CHEAPEST FREAKING CHEAPQUAL EVER!!! I don't care about the budget, I don't care about who or what was in it, but DID IT EVEN HAVE A REASON FOR BEING MADE?!?!?!!?
Just saw a huge billboard for 101 Dalmations 2!??!?! WTefff?
My gosh...does Disney not have any shame? Im sorry, but its open season with verbal rhetoric against the mouse.

And yeah, dont get me started on the Disney Store. After they got rid of Bear and wouldnt carry *any* Spirited Away stuff(instead they saw fit to carry Treasure Crapet and Country Whores) Idiots...now the whole store looks like Piglet threw up pink everywhere. Very unwelcoming. Yet they still play Bear music videos on the big screen ever y 5 minutes...awww!!!

Movies205

Reaction score
DAM I feel like a shut in cuz I've only been to the Disney Store and WB Store once... If only I could have gone to the SS store :frown: