The Doctor Who Thread

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Nope.

To be frank, I started the thread here to avoid dealing with the fandom at large.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ok, ok, that's fair.
It might just be that a lot of new people are joining, so I just got lucky. Because, I think a lot of the fandom has really hit a resurgence since last year, and it's growing at more rapid pace. Plus, Twitter makes it easier to ignore whoever you want, and if you just follow the people that follow you/ other people that follow users you follow you start to create a nice little community.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Ok, ok, that's fair.
It might just be that a lot of new people are joining, so I just got lucky. Because, I think a lot of the fandom has really hit a resurgence since last year, and it's growing at more rapid pace. Plus, Twitter makes it easier to ignore whoever you want, and if you just follow the people that follow you/ other people that follow users you follow you start to create a nice little community.
That's true, I suppose. I honestly just don't like to associate with the DW Twitter community though. Some of them are New Series fanboys who bash the Classic Series (which IMO is just as good as the NS), and some of them are Classic Series fanatics who don't like anything in the modern era. I don't know, I just feel like ever since Jodie's casting was announce, the fandom has gotten a lot more divided, and I really don't like it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That's true, I suppose. I honestly just don't like to associate with the DW Twitter community though. Some of them are New Series fanboys who bash the Classic Series (which IMO is just as good as the NS), and some of them are Classic Series fanatics who don't like anything in the modern era. I don't know, I just feel like ever since Jodie's casting was announce, the fandom has gotten a lot more divided, and I really don't like it.
Yeah, it is sad. But, I think too many fans let their fandoms fall apart by dwelling too much on the bad apples.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
You know what? Why haven't we had a UNIT story with Sgt. Benton or Yates? They really should use them while they're still around.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
You know what? Why haven't we had a UNIT story with Sgt. Benton or Yates? They really should use them while they're still around.
YES, they should! I wish they would've brought the Brigadier back when Nicholas Courtney was still around... though I know that he made an appearance in the Sarah Jane Adventures.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
YES, they should! I wish they would've brought the Brigadier back when Nicholas Courtney was still around... though I know that he made an appearance in the Sarah Jane Adventures.
Yeah, too bad The Brig's only appearance in the new era was a short cameo, but it was still great that they got to use him one las time.

I want to see a Doctor-lite episode that is completely about UNIT.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, too bad The Brig's only appearance in the new era was a short cameo, but it was still great that they got to use him one las time.

I want to see a Doctor-lite episode that is completely about UNIT.
Listen to Big Finish's UNIT: The New Series. That's practically what it is.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
So, I finally got my hands on the Series 9 soundtrack, and I have to say I'm slightly disappointed.

Despite having four (count 'em, FOUR) discs, it's actually shorter than the Series 8 soundtrack which only needed three, and the fact that Heaven Sent and The Husbands of River Song each have a disc to themselves means the episodes are out of order (which annoys me more than it should, especially since H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks Bent only had four short tracks that could've easily been tacked onto the end of Heaven Sent's disc).