The "Dream/Scheme" issue

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I think the tribal analogy is a good point, they don't care if they repeat something, it all has a meaning. :smile:

Mrs.Pepper said:
"Life beings a-chaingin'/ mental rearrangin'/ nothing's really where it's at"
Oh yeah, that's right! Yeah I'm still trying to decipher the words. Though I have a feeling even if I did, it wouldn't be much better, lol. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
.Also Redsonga, I never thought of it from the angle of being a tribal culture. That's a good point!
:excited:
Humanities are some of my favorite subjects, so I love thinking of fraggles as a long lost race. With so much of our world becoming smaller thanks to the internet I see these little pocket cultures in real life as being something to be treasured and left alone ...
Like fraggle rock they have a magic :smile:.
But anyway, I started thinking about that side of the Fraggles when I first saw Red's fish outfit and later the Poobah masks :smile:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Alright, that's one song with change and rearrange in them. Got another for me?
I don't appreciate your tone, thank you. And there already have been two example of change/rearrange, in post#7 from FR, and post #9 from TMM.

And to start with, Dennis Lee and Phill Balsom SP? were not weak song writers!
I certainly didn't imply that, and nobody else did either. No one can deny their talent; they wrote literally hundreds of great original songs for Fraggle Rock. Plus, in the case of change/rearrange, one of the examples wasn't written by them.

I was merely pointing out an amusing theme/re-occurrence, and wondering if others had noticed the same.

It's really of a case of having themes present in Muppet lyrics, and it becomes necessary to use the same words so that the audience understands the message clearly. And there aren't a lot of rhymes for change and dream that would sound good in a song.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The first post here pondered if there was a weakness in songwriting. I don't agree that there is either, but perhaps that's what was being referred to. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No prob, communication problems happen on message boards lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
*hee* The lyrics don't always matter, the songs themselves are very catchy IMHO *bounces to Muck and Goo* :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Oh yes, I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I was only meaning Fraggle Rock, not TMM. And I was indeed referring to the first post when I said that.
And sorry, like I said, I wasn't meaning you, but it does bear explaining that I do get rather defensive about..well..the muppets in general, but most especially Fraggle Rock.
:excited:
:smirk:
:coy:

So no hard feelings?

Princeton

Reaction score
Not only that, I've heard nearly the same melody in a few Fraggle songs.
I found an example of that: "The Flooping Song" from Doozer Is As Doozer Does and "What A Funny World It Is" from Fraggle Wars.