1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

The "Dream/Scheme" issue

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I don't know about that one, but there are a couple of others. Kick a Stone and The Way I've Got to Go is one example, which I think is kind of funny since Mokey and Cotterpin are preformed by the same person, and the only tow characters preformed by her at that. The other one is the Remembering Song and I'm a Little Fraggle. I like to think though that there is a good reason for these.

2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

It doesn't matter to me, they are all better songs than most I have heard :). I still stand by my fraggle tribe idea :3

3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Pinky and the Brain. Everytime a song was used in the series, the odds are "Unfurled" and "World" was in it. of course, there aren't too many rhymes for World.

4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, that's a great point, I'd never thought of that before. Plus "unfurled" is the sort of high class word Brain would use, hehe.

5. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I think they did that exact same thing in "Sailing For Adventure" in MTI.

6. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

A lot of the Silver Age toons (specifically Animaniacs! and Pinky & the Brain [because both star Rob Paulsen--who was "a singer more than anything"--in a starring role and considering that Pinky & the Brain spun-off from Animaniacs! to start with]) had songs, rhyming or otherwise, with Yakko's unofficial theme song about the Nations of the World being one of the most memorable that's often requested at conventions. ^_^

*is now reminded of The Brain's Dream the Improbable Scheme song*

7. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

I also discovered this rhyme scheme in the second version of "I Was The Greatest Christmas Toy Of All" in The Christmas Toy.

8. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Also the Remembering Song in Boober Rock is the same as I'm A Little Stewpot from Boober Gorg. Both have Boober losing his memory,so it may be intentional.

9. heralde

Oh yeah that's right, that works actually, lol.

10. Dominicboo1

Yup! Hey both times his lack of memory were caused by a plant! The plant sprays Boober with the smoke in Boober Rock, and the Radish conks him on the head in Boober Gorg. That's pretty coincidental.

11. heralde

Yeah plants are never just plants on Fraggle Rock! ;)

12. Dominicboo1

No way! There's Lanford, that creppy plant in Boober Rock, those really creppy weeds in Beanbarrow Race, andin the animated series Creeper Weeds!