The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

intozlight

Reaction score
With all the talk here about infringment, I think baby grouch is cool. No reason at all that you can't make a puppet "In the style of..."
This is fun work that takes something wonderful and makes it his own. With enough variance you could probably make grouches for years without infringing. That is what creativity is all about.

Keep up the good work.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Very nice grouch, and cute as a baby..... but unfortuantely, still copyright infringment. The "grouch" character was created and designed by henson and therefore owned by them/Disney now.... right?

Anyway, I think he probably would be in the clear if he didn't call it a "grouch" per se, but it may still look TOO much like Oscar to be certain.

I saw an awesome looking fraggle on eBay that was pulled by Vero even though it clearly wasn't one of the original fraggle characters (different colors), it just looked like one. I think it was pulled because he made the mistake of using "Fraggle" in the description. If I'm not mistaken that was one of JB's puppets as well. I think he relisted it after changing some words around in the description... can't remember what it sold for though.

-Michele

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Glad you have $500 to spend on a puppet, go bid.... you haven't yet! :excited:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Its proubley because I don't have that much to spend. That and I didn't see how much until after I saw the guy.

Keeermit

Reaction score
Well being the creator of this grouch... I can say that he is not an Oscar rip-off, he is styled from all the grouch characters from grouchland. he has a different skull than oscar and anyway not that any of this is important. Any publicity is good publicity i guess :smile: its funny i can put 20 origianls and no one talks at all about them... I do a puppet like this and its mostly negative. Lets try and be a little less negative on this forum all the time, enjoy life :smile: I do

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
I think he is pure brilliance. Keep up the great work with ALL of your puppets.

hennesprod

Reaction score
Keeermit said:
Well being the creator of this grouch... I can say that he is not an Oscar rip-off, he is styled from all the grouch characters from grouchland. he has a different skull than oscar and anyway not that any of this is important. Any publicity is good publicity i guess :smile: its funny i can put 20 origianls and no one talks at all about them... I do a puppet like this and its mostly negative. Lets try and be a little less negative on this forum all the time, enjoy life :smile: I do

I love it! Nice Craftman ship! I want to see your other puppets.

Cheers,

William