The eBay Muppet Knock-off Thread

MWoO

Reaction score
Puppetplanet said:
Well, thats a matter of opinion and mostly depends on the character your trying to copy. Kermit, for example is fairly simple due to the free access of his reverse engineered head pattern right here on MC. Also, this eBay auction kit includes a complete pattern for Kermit himself (and a variety of other popular characters). Making it quite easy for anyone to duplicate a Kermit puppet.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6054875315&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr4_PcY_BIN_IT

Having purchased this kit a little while ago for it's wide variety of helpful resourses. I have access to this pattern and the ability to build and sell Kermit puppets to my hearts desire. However, you don't see me doing it because I prefer to make money off MY OWN work.

Actually, I've taken a look at your site and you've got some awesome talent and ability to create characters with (dare I say it) far more detail and modern style than kermit the frog. I can't figure out why in the world you would want to be known as the muppet duplicator when your capable of so much more? Personally, I would much rather see a few of your unique characters on eBay than duplications.

Just my opinion,
-Michele
the reverse engineered pattern is far from a pattern of a professional Kermit puppet. You will just get the same result as you would ripping the stuffing out of a Kermit doll. I have never seen a Kermit puppet "replica" on ebay that I would mistake for the real thing ever. No one is making copies that are that good. Sorry to all those who try, but it's true. Some get real close, but none truly look like a "replica".

Anyway, I say it's great for people to make there own muppet puppet characters. It's like sculpting toys. Some people make their own original sculpts, while others use their attention to drtail to sculpt some toys based on existing characters. No shame in aving the ability to closing replicate a muppet. It's actually hard to make it look good.

you can get all bent out of cshape because a few people are selling "replica" muppets, or you can just accept it as a fact and move on. People do what they want. Will selling a Kermit "replica" lead to the death of a child? No? Will it kill your puppy? No? Then who really cares? If Disney isn't stopping it, then why should you care?

Erine81981

Reaction score
MWoO said:
the reverse engineered pattern is far from a pattern of a professional Kermit puppet. You will just get the same result as you would ripping the stuffing out of a Kermit doll. I have never seen a Kermit puppet "replica" on ebay that I would mistake for the real thing ever. No one is making copies that are that good. Sorry to all those who try, but it's true. Some get real close, but none truly look like a "replica".

Anyway, I say it's great for people to make there own muppet puppet characters. It's like sculpting toys. Some people make their own original sculpts, while others use their attention to drtail to sculpt some toys based on existing characters. No shame in aving the ability to closing replicate a muppet. It's actually hard to make it look good.

you can get all bent out of cshape because a few people are selling "replica" muppets, or you can just accept it as a fact and move on. People do what they want. Will selling a Kermit "replica" lead to the death of a child? No? Will it kill your puppy? No? Then who really cares? If Disney isn't stopping it, then why should you care?
My words actually. Just everyone shut it and be nice and lets all be jolly and friendly. YEAAAAAA!!! *throws snow up in the air* Whoops, there's no snow here. What in the world did I..*BONK!*....*lays on ground with big bump on head*

Zoot The Saxman

Reaction score
yeah you do that!!! play with the snow in never never land were no likes to agree to dissagree....lol lol wish i was there, you seem so happy.

puppetise

Reaction score
thats low even 4 jb its clearliy oscar styled difrently *eats snow then pukes *** was that

rtgentry

Reaction score
I love that little grouch.... muppet style but nothing wrong with selling it ......I want it!!!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ah-nold tha' Grouch... It's not ah tumor... it's ah knock off. Ha ha!

MWoO

Reaction score
It's not a different styled Oscar, it's a baby grough and it really looks like a baby grounch should look. I thihnk it's great.