The End Of Muppetvision

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Makes me nervous. If they are, you can bet WDW will follow Disneyland and MV3D will be coming out soon, too.
I really don't think so, honestly. I mean, recently it seems like Disneyland has been following WDW. They did after all, get MV36 after WDW got it, not only that, but there's a considerably higher (I assume?) amount of people that go to WDW then Disneyland, and they've also got a lot more space down in Orlando, giving them room to hold on to MV3D.

Anyway, I really don't think we've got to much to worry about as far as WDW's MV3D is concerned. :smirk:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
And how do you know that?

I'm sure that bogus.
Ask anyon who's studied the mans life, old employees, family.
I thought it was a pretty well known thing that Walt wasn't fond of kids.:concern:
I can't blame Walt though a place for all adults seems like a really cool idea haha.

beaker

Reaction score
According to Al Lutz at Mice Age concerning the future of MupperVision 3-D at Disney's California Advenuture:

..."MuppetVision, currently on the north side of the street, is scheduled to be replaced with Mickey's Philharmagic, but with a 1930's era pre-show designed specifically for DCA's new mission statement to play up the Walt Disney era. As they rebuild that 3-D theater, it will provide the opportunity to fill in the empty facades with real stores that can be entered instead of just looked at through shallow display windows."

Full article:

http://miceage.com/allutz/al082807a.htm
Eeps, good thing I got to see it twice a few weeks ago.

Um, so whens this spose to happen?

this sucks, I was hoping the Muppety presence would expand over time, not go away.

So far, since 2004...my view of Disney and the Muppets has literally gone down the toilet.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah... they're destroying Muppet vision. Okay so far othere than the fact we got TMS S2 after a 2 year wait, Disney has cut off all plans to make a show, they're tossing comics away, and they just can't seem to do anything with them... and yet they can rip down Muppet Musique.

Anyone wanna gimme a reason why we shouldn't bash Disney?
Good point.

I wish so bad the Muppets had been sold to someone else.
I'll get edited/warned if I said what I really thought about Disney.
(and not just their wanting to buy the Muppets so they could bury them)

It's so sad...Muppet fans keep talking about "how we should be grateful theres season dvds and a rich history"

Yeah well to some of us, the Muppets aint just yesterday's nostalgia...they are MEANT to keep going, to evolve and delight forever. Not be destroyed from within by the house of mouse.

BEAR

Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty well known thing that Walt wasn't fond of kids.:concern:
I can't blame Walt though a place for all adults seems like a really cool idea haha.
:rolleyes: :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
He wasn't fond of another kind of person, too... but I'm not going there. Either way, Disney was a VERY DISTURBED man. He had mother issues too.

I wish so bad the Muppets had been sold to someone else.
I'll get edited/warned if I said what I really thought about Disney.
(and not just their wanting to buy the Muppets so they could bury them)

It's so sad...Muppet fans keep talking about "how we should be grateful theres season dvds and a rich history"

Yeah well to some of us, the Muppets aint just yesterday's nostalgia...they are MEANT to keep going, to evolve and delight forever. Not be destroyed from within by the house of mouse.

I'm glad someone agrees with me, even though it is a close friend. But I mean, we shouldn't get excited they might make a couple lousy 3 minute interstitials with Zack and Cody acting like morons throught the whole thing. We should be pumped that there are actual plans for an actual movie or TV show in which they actually plan to release. Heck. even that horrible "America's next top Muppet" thing would have been a good sign of them doing something.

Now we got a couple comics they won't publish, and a couple lousy Disney ads. I'm glad we got the season sets, but nothing has happened outside of that.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Disney just shocks me sometimes. Disney says they are going to make all this stuff and then they bring in a new boss and he pulls the plug on everything, announces more stuff that never ends up happening, it just goes in a cycle and now they take out the Muppets in favor of Mickey. I love Mickey's Philharmagic, the 3D effects are fantastic but I hate seeing the Disney characters computer-animated, to me they'll always be 2D characters but that's not the point. Mickey and Kermit both suffer the lack of younger audiences knowing them, but Mickey's slowly coming back with that Playhouse Disney show yet the Muppets are slowly dying out. Why not put it in Disneyland? All the other Disney parks have it in their Magic Kingdom-type park. Why not CA?

On the bright side, I hope Steve is right when he said that the whole MV3D area at MGM is getting rethemed to be a Muppet area. That would make up for this, but knowing Disney they'll probably just forget about it and send in a new boss.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
First, Here Comes the Muppets gets taken down, then Days of Swine and Roses gets taken away, and now this. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!:boo:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
We're going to be in LA in October... I sure hope MV3D is still there then... :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.