1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The End Of Muppetvision

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Tim, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

Nope I'm just a missinformed liar I like my new title thanks :p

2. Exactly.

You folks should always take everything that the overrated potshot-spewing Al Lutz reports with a grain of salt. He mostly tells lies and makes things up just to get people to go crazy.

The trash that he typically writes also stems from things that he personally wants to see happen at the parks. And it's so obvious that the guy does not have a life and has nothing better to do than churn out gossip, gossip and more gossip.

So, I wouldn't get my feathers all ruffled up over all of this.

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

4. Tim

Tim Member

DCA is scheduled for changes starting in January of 2008, so the clock is ticking on MuppetVision. The Hollywood District is just no big enough to hold all of WDW's ideas, so something has to go, and everyone has seen this film.

I just wish Disney would make all their 3-D films available on DVD.

5. Fuller House

Fuller House Active Member

I agree.

6. How many times do I have to tell you folks to NOT listen to Al Lutz? :mad:

Muppet-Vision isn't going anywhere anytime soon!

7. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah PK and I have been saying it over and over and over and OVER! this dude sayin this about MuppetVision 3D at Disneyland/DCA closing has more crap then a christmas turkey! :boo:

8. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

but as said earlier, theyve been saying they are going to replace muppet vision for 2 or 3 years too. Its unlikely that this will happen anytime soon.

9. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour Active Member

Well we shall just have to wait and see either way. Unless some one writes in and asks.

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah, writing is basically the only thing we can do. We need to hear the report from the Source.

11. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

I'm completely with you. This is complete crap. I'd say a lot more if this forum wasn't Muppet-Based.

12. SurfPark

SurfPark New Member

Disney gave it a shot with "Muppet Wizard of Oz", Muppet Show release, and the movie releases. I think its hard for the company to chose what to do with them because they never were good at the style of humor involved. I can't think of any other of their properties that have a similar style.

13. Geez, will you people PLEASE stop worrying? :mad:

The only thing that's complete cr*p is Al Lutz and his gossip. Please stop reading his articles--it'd be for the best if we all ignore him.

Also, the fact that he's been repeating this for several years now gives me the impression that Mr. Lutz probably hates the Muppets or at least the Muppet-Vision 3D attraction and personally wants to see the attraction go away.

14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

:attitude: You know, that makes sense to me. I don't understand not liking the Muppets, but there are a few die-hard Disney enthusiasts that really have a freakish distaste for the Muppets. Don't get it, but it's definately out there in the fringes. :sleep: :boo:

Plus, Disney doesn't like to spend money if they don't have to. The attraction brings in people!

Duke Remington likes this.
  15. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Yeah, just glad I'm not sweating so much anymore.

16. Drtooth

either that, or he gets the impression they want to replace it with something more profitable or straight from a current film. Impression, like assumption, isn't fact. But even still, it's wait and watch time. I never got to see it, cuz Disney world is so expensive. I thought about wanting to go to Sesame Place (it's the only Muppet themed amusment park around) or Universal (until they tore down all the Bullwinkle stuff).

But as I've said multiple times.... If it were even an unfounded rumor about Star Tours getting the boot, we'd have millions of SW fans writing nasty letters to Disney, burning Mickey's in effegy and such. We should write a pollite and persuasive letter asking if this is true or not. Someone's just got to find a contact.

17. IgorPonweed

IgorPonweed New Member

Um... I thought they announced Star Tours 2 based on *shudder* Pod Racing.

18. Drtooth

The only reason that would go up is if Geroge Lucas says so....

Man is he in his own little world.

19. golden teeth

golden teeth New Member

It seems like Mickeys Philharmagic would fit in where the Princess Fantasy Fair is at Disneyland. Theyd have to build the building, but its basically dead space anyways, and its a lot of space.

20. Bean

Bean New Member

No!

I can't beleive what I've read! I visited Orlando about a year and a half ago now and was of course eager to get to Muppetvision as quickly as possible. It worry's me that Disney even think about getting rid of it - even if it is at just one Disneyland ..... begs the question when Disney decide the do away with all Muppetvisions - very sad day if they choose to do that!
    Am worried now.
    :o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.