The Fifth Official Semi-Annual Muppet Central Forum Awards! (Volume 5)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to do a little campaining for myself and think I should have best avater, :smile:, it's ok if I don't though.

Wow I really did even know this was done here, that's pretty cool. I'll try to vote for some, neat, :crazy:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I turned in my ballot. Don't know that many people. :smile:

Can't wait to see who all won. Good luck!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
To JJ and RedPiggy,

It's something that we unofficially started a few years ago and it's tons of fun! There's not alot of turnout this year becuase alot of long-time members have't been around lately, so I encourage people who are newer members/don't post as frequently to get involved and vote too! I only voted in about 10 categories, so just go with what you know and have fun! And please tell other people to vote too! I've never wanted it to be a popularity contest, and if people of all seniorities and forum demographics vote, then it will truly be a forum-wide contest.

To Prawnie,

This might be alot of extra work but since we're not having a lot of voters this year, the winners probably aren't winning by a very wide margin. Is it possible that during the awards ceremony we could announce the top 3 nominees in each category, and then the winner of those three, so that it shows the variety of people being nominated? Last year none of my nominations won anything, and I think it's because I voted for people who truly fit the category but might be a bit lesser known (like I voted stacyrebecca for best new member cause of her amazing personality and contributions to the puppetry section, but she probably had no idea because she didn't win). Just a thought! What do you think?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
To Prawnie,

This might be alot of extra work but since we're not having a lot of voters this year, the winners probably aren't winning by a very wide margin. Is it possible that during the awards ceremony we could announce the top 3 nominees in each category, and then the winner of those three, so that it shows the variety of people being nominated? Last year none of my nominations won anything, and I think it's because I voted for people who truly fit the category but might be a bit lesser known (like I voted stacyrebecca for best new member cause of her amazing personality and contributions to the puppetry section, but she probably had no idea because she didn't win). Just a thought! What do you think?
I LOVE that idea, Peppz! If anything, we can at least do it for the more popular categories like Funniest Member, Best Avatar, and so on! Thanks for the idea! Very nice! :big_grin:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I went ahead and casted my votes, for ones that I think I can anyway. Can't wait to see who the winners are, :wink:

Pork

Reaction score
Oh Cheese,I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend the ceremony on the 15th...I certainly shall try to though.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry what does it mean to attend the ceremony? Does that mean to be on your computer or something or what? I don't get that one, :confused:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't quite understand it either (despite the fact that this is my 3rd year on MC, this is gonna be the first time I've attended the ceremony :embarrassed:)... and, because I live in Australia, that means it's a day early fer me... right?

Pork

Reaction score
Ok I'm sorry what does it mean to attend the ceremony? Does that mean to be on your computer or something or what? I don't get that one, :confused:
Yeah, just to be online on the 15th when they award winners are being anounced...and bring popcorn! :stick_out_tongue: