The first ever MopFam Fic: Mother's story!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Truly hope this'll end up a better piracy story than that One Piece stuff.

So... Meeting old friends and new foes are we? Hee, this'll make for quite an interesting web of intrigue... To see how the fearless and unpeered Nicky conquers the worst seafaring stooges to set sail.

Can we get an advance on the next chapter though? Will even get the kitt... er girls to come in and listen to the story, though that shouldn't be too hard.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ann: Get us to come in?

Kelly: Daddy, we've been listening the whole time!

Tabby: Yeah, and we want more! Tell us, Aunt Christy! Please?

Kelly: Pretty please?

Ann: Pretty please with sugar on top?

Lisa: I am having way too much fun with this...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Too much fun with what... The fact that you're portraying three half-human half-kittens?
Or the fact that the story is filling us in on those somewhat foggy events from the Moppet Family's past?

Or... Then again... It could be that you're just...
Oh never mind, come on Christy. Can we get that next chapter now? Please?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
DanDan: Yeah, well. I've ridden more mooses than you

Dan: It's true, she's the world champion

DanDan: Well done on your fanfic, my dear

Dan: Yes. It's fabulous

DanDan: Don't take that tone with me

Dan: What tone?

DanDan: Don't make me eat you

Dan: Great...eaten by my own fictional creation :zany:

christyb

Reaction score
Mwhahaha, I love it. People begging me. Ok, now I'm done reveling in my position. Anyways, I hope it's a good pirate story. Although the author (me) get's lost on a ship and with that terminology. This is mother's past though. Although you three girls will like to know that your dad (Adam) does appear in the chapter right after the one I'm about to post.

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Four

As the day grew on Christy more and more got the feeling that something was amiss. A wicked fog had settled robbing the crew of the good ship of their vision. Tension hung high in the air among all the sailors. Carrying her gurgling happy baby she made her way below deck. Upon entering the galley, Mac looked up in surprise. “I’m early I know. I just don’t like this fog. Something’s amiss and I can’t put my finger on it.”

Mac put down his knife and the potatoes. He crossed to wash his hands and took little Vic from her arms. “Girlie you feelin’ it too? Or have you been using some o’ that magic of yourn agin?”

She silently watched the old cook cross over and place Vic in his hiding spot behind a cupboard and a barrel. In the dark, even the baby knew it was important to keep quiet. She watched in wonder as he quickly fell asleep to the rocking of the ship, “He’ll make a good pirate that one.” Then realizing Mac was speaking to her she took a seat on a barrel and leaned her back against a post. “No, you know I rarely use any of my tricks. I dunno. I guess it’s this wicked fog. Promise me this Mac. If anything happens you take a pistol and abandon ship.”

Mac cocked his head and raised an eyebrow. Never before had he seen this girl so worked up, “Aye you know I will. Anythin’ to protect the wee one over there. What are you gettin’ at?”

“Just trust me on this one. Also, in the midst of battle you may hear my voice up here ya know?” she motioned to her head and continued. “Only those who are true will be able to hear it. Follow those instructions they’ll be my orders. However, you willna see my lips move.”

Mac sat in silence with the rocking ship taking in what she just said. Then suddenly he realized what the girl was implying, “You mean…you think there’s gonna be mutiny?”

“Maybe yes, maybe no. I’m not committing to an answer. I’ll give you this. I found a member of Moppet’s crew on board. He’s locked up for now, but we haven’t put to port nor seen a ship for days.” With that she left a shocked cook gaping behind her. When she reached the deck she let out a whistle and waited for its return. Her husband was near the helm. She began to make her way to it when a yell was heard through the mist.

“Ahoy, there Cap’n. I hear ya been looking for me. Still sore over a few Spanish doubloons?” Moppet’s voice could be heard over the fog. Christy quickly turned away from the helm and followed the sound of an overly cocky sailor. “Why don’t we settle the score now eh? Besides I have hidden my best men aboard and even as we speak more are quietly crossing over. It’ll be an easy take over. Well have a jolly good time of it eh?”

“That’s it you cocky bilge rat. Keep talking. Just long enough for me to find ya.” Christy muttered as she silently made her way over through the fog. Out of the corner of her eye she could barley make out the other ship and the remainder of Moppet’s crew climbing aboard. She began her way up to the crow’s nest which was the source of the sound. As quickly and as silently as she could she climbed the ropes leading the way.

The fog eased up a bit and Ron saw her from the helm. “My crew is loyal to me and my ship. You’re the yellow-bellied coward. Why don’t ya show yerself like a man? Me own wife has more guts than you. Not to mention my wee lad. Both of them could make you beg for mercy without even breakin‘ a sweat.” Ron called out in the mist. Silently she thanked him as she heard Moppet call in return. Sure enough as she slipped into the nest Captain Moppet stood there with Hevej.

While Moppet’s back was turned to his partner she quickly wrapped her arms in a fierce choking headlock and threw him to the deck below before he could make a sound. Silently she readied her sword and took Hevej’s place. For a moment she was amazed at the stupidity of the Captain beside her as he turned to whisper to his “first mate”.

“We got him just where we want him, Hevej. Be ready to let loose the signal,” Moppet said and turned around to meet a sword pointed at his throat. With a gasp he realized who was there, “You’re not Hevej…but how…who are?”

“Smart one ya are. I bet yer mother is really proud of ya.” She said while backing Moppet against the railing. When he had no more room to move she continued with a sneer. “I be Nicky. Your worst nightmare. Now, Moppet here’s a quick lesson for ya. No one boards my ship and steals from it. Ready your sword Moppet and prepare to meet your maker. I‘m a fair girl, but I‘m not a patient one.”

As if on cue the fog lifted and the setting sun shone brightly as to spotlight the action unfolding high above. The brilliant sunset against the blue of the sea made everything surreal. Almost as if a director was about to yell “action”. This was all to real, and it was five times more deadly than any motion picture.

Below crews on both sides stood in a stunned silence as if waiting for someone to issue the first order. Up above Nicky had Moppet balancing on the crow’s nest railing ready to fall. Even from below everyone could see the fire in her eyes and her jaw set. Ron stood with his hand on his sword praying silently for his wife now walking surely on the railing also.

Moppet reached a hand to his sword as he watched the woman maneuver expertly in front of him. Never once did she stagger upon their precarious perch. “Dear God, she’s more beautiful than I remember,” he unknowingly prayed aloud. Just as he readied himself to jump to the deck below she caught his attention once more.

To his amazement she threw back her head and laughed. He did not see one thing funny about the situation. After all he had obviously been outsmarted… and by a woman. This was a man’s game she was playing and with her sword against his chest she had the upper hand. “I wouldn’t have chosen those as your last words, but so be it. Oh yeah and thanks for the compliment.” Christy said and with a kick pushed him down to the deck below. Moppet fell to the deck and by instinct stood back up in a daze; he gazed up to see her flying at him landing on her feet not even flinching at the pain he knew must be there.

In a moment the battle had begun. Every where swords clanged and men grunted. Some men were injured and others were beyond hope. Such was the story in any escapade a pirate encountered. Moppet quickly glanced around for his partner Hevej. Finally, he spotted him doing battle with the Captain. Waiting was one mistake he made because it gave Nicky just enough time to be on him in a flash. He felt a sharp pain come from his forehead. There was no time to think of the blood or the pain that pulsated from the small deep nick. Now he knew why this girl had a reputation, and he chalked up a reminder in his head to never again get on her bad side.

Nicky focused solely on her competitor as time went on. This was one game where one look to the left or right could mean your last. Adrenaline rushed through her veins as she met with the thrill of battle. Just as she wielded her sword left and then right to meet Moppet’s she felt a familiar tap on her shoulder. With a groan she mumbled to the fairy that she knew was waiting, “Angie, this isn’t exactly the best time for a heart to heart. Can’t you see I’m busy?”

“I know that but it’s important. I have to talk to you now. It’s a warning and if you know what’s good for you you’ll pay attention!” Angela her fairy godmother crossed her arms over herself. A pair of dueling pirates sent her spinning for a moment. After righting herself floated in the air tapping a foot impatiently at the girl still fighting.

Nicky mumbled a few words under her breath that brought a look of confusion to Moppet’s face. There was no time for him to say a word when everything froze. Not a soul on deck was moving except Angie and Nicky. She relaxed and rubbed her neck for a moment. Then glaring at Angie she pointed her sword at her, “All right spill girl. You got 5 minutes before time resumes.”

“You look terrible and your speech is atrocious. Not to mention that rip in your shirt with matching cut is incredibly attractive. Whatever happened to the proper and pretty little girl I used to watch over?”

“Annnggiiieee, get on with it. I don’t have time for one of your lectures!”

“All right, All right. I came to tell you to stay away from him.”

“Moppet? That’s kind of hard to do when sword fighting a person.”

“Nooooo, not that. Boy are you dense. What do you have seaweed for brains? Stay away from him romantically. I think the sea has gone to your head.”

“Why would I be interested in him I’m mar-….Oh no Ron!” She screamed as her gaze caught the frozen scene at the helm of the ship. In two seconds she forgot about everything and leaped up to Ron’s side. The horrific sight that greeted her was something from a nightmare. Upon reaching the helm she saw that Hevej had a sword raised and Ron lay on the deck. He lay there in a pool of his own blood. His jacket was torn and stained from where the sword had met it. She muttered a few words as Ron came to life and gave them a few more moments. “Ron, what happened, speak to me. Ron! Oh I should have been up here with you.”

Ron moaned as his fluttered his eyes open, “Good girl. Froze everything didn’t ya?” he winced in pain as she attempted to stop the blood, “It’s no use. Hevej ran me through.” Through pain filled eyes he saw his wife crying gently and spotted her fairy godmother watching. “Now, now no use crying for me. Toss me overboard like we talked about. Hevej and Moppet’s ship should be abandoned. Give the signal and board it while the unfaithful are frozen stiff. Those mutinous sons of a…”

“Shhhh, now don’t talk like that. You’re not dying on me. Remember we’ve got Vic and a load of Spanish gold to hide. We were gonna retire after this run. You know buy that little house, have a couple more kids, maybe get a dog?”

“Ach I know. Look now I don’t have much time left. Go escape and create a good life for you and the boy.” Ron closed his eyes once more and raised a hand to her face and caressed it gently. “Now board Moppet’s ship. That’s an order and remember I love you.”

Through her tears she saluted her captain and said, “Aye, aye Cap’n.” Then Ron closed his eyes for a final time and was no more. She lifted him gently and tossed him into the sea. Her eyes grew cold and withdrawn as she said the necessary words to release the ones she needed. They turned in wonder and looked at her. “All right everyone. I’m the Captain now. All of ye board Moppet’s ship and be set to sail in minutes. We don’t have much time until the hocus pocus wears off. By then we’ll be gone and they won’t know where we went. Now move!” Everyone set right to work and began the preparations. In a record time everyone was aboard the other ship and the sails were being set.

Mac and Vic were the final ones to step on deck as they cut the lines and left the good ship Christy behind. It took only a couple minutes for her to shed the last bit of childhood she had. An air of cold, dark, and unfeeling settled in. It took the place of her once bright smile, shining eyes, and merry laugh. She took her child in her arms and looked over at the fast disappearing ship. Mac laid a fatherly arm around her and held her close. “He was a good Cap’n.”

She clamped her jaw down as a look of hatred filled her eyes and face. There was no way she’d let Moppet live this down. When the time was right, she’d find him and Hevej and give him what he deserved. Watching the other ship come to life and stare in wonderment at how the others escaped she screamed, “Moppet I know ya can hear me! I better never see your ugly mug again as long as I live! You’ll live to regret this. You and Hevej both.”

Meanwhile, aboard the good ship Christy, Moppet looked over at the empty ocean that had carried her voice. A shudder ran through his body at those words. He turned and began to take inventory of what and who was left.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Ann and Kelly: <stunned silence>

Tabby: what happens next what happens next what happens next what happens next? Come on, Aunt Christy, tell us! Please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please-

Ann: <blink> Tabby?

Tabby: What?

Ann: Be quiet.

Kelly: ........more, please.......

christyb

Reaction score
Mother: Didn't your father ever teach you patience? We got to give everyone else time to read.

Christyb: You enjoy it and you know it. So what do ya'll think of Mother's life and the story so far?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Tabby: I don't have enough patience to learn patience!

Ann: Tabby, calm down.

Kelly: I'll try to be patient, Aunt Christy, but-

Lisa: <pushing girls out of the way for the moment> I absolutely ADORE it! It's fantabulous! It's amazing! I love how you brought Angie in, and the entire sword fight was just so I'm-on-the-edge-of-my-seat, and Ron, oy, Ron! And I love Mac, have I mentioned that I love Mac? Because I love Mac. Oh my gosh, this is so awesome Christy, and I want more! More more more more more more more more more more more more more more! Please!

...what, I warned you never to tell me to beg...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Adam: Aye, I've taught them some of that patience stuff... But you know how it is with these three and a good story. Then again, we all love a good story...

Me: And this is certainly turning out to be a great story! The battle was perfect, and funny at times... Sure lookin' forward to that next chapter.
And the cameo by Angela (sugarbritchez) was a nice touch. Especially since Narleans, well...