The first ever MopFam Fic: Mother's story!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Guys, I was knocked off the net for the past two days, and I have one whopper of a MopFam story awaiting you as soon as this one is finished. A teaser: "This sttory if intrigue contains pretty much every charcter with large parts for all (especialy Father, Mother, Miss Mingostone, Vic, and, yes, speaking parts for everyone and subplots for most including the twins, the triplets, Adam, and Jack), a kidnapping, an accident, someone gets fired, someone gets hurt, a semi-coma, a little magic, a schemeing fairy, a moment for laughter, a moment for tears, a moment of silence for the snail that meets Aunt Dan-Dan's intestine, a blaze of anger, a kiss of love. Stay Tuned for a new Mopept adventure."

Beauregard

Reaction score
This sttory if intrigue? Not sure why I said that....problem is this keyboard is murder for my typing, sending Typos inall directions. and the more I try to sort them out, the more typos I get...

Vibs

Reaction score
Oh my Christy... it's... wow... I mean... I.... and.... what I wanted to say was... that... I mean... erh... WAU!

- And no I did NOT burst into tears when reading Christy's last words to Ron. I... I just got something in my eye that's all ... um, Aye!

(I love the story Christy! Can't wait to read more! You better post that chapter soon girlie or I'll.. erhm, I dunno. Just post it hokay? :smile: )

christyb

Reaction score
Yeah, I Angie appears again in the story. I wrote that oh a few weeks ago. Then I was editing and my dad told me that Katrina hit. So I started crying (go figure. salt and keyboards don't mix). Anyways, I'm glad ya'll like it. Since I've been threatened by a Dane I better go and post the next chapter. You three twins will be happy to know your dad is featured in this one. :smile: That and I hope Vic enjoys his first real appearance. Sit back relax and enjoy. Oh yeah, and lemme know if anything isn't working (storywise).

christyb

Reaction score
Chapter Five

~~~~~~~~~~Three More Years Have Passed~~~~~~~~~

Rain pelted down and the thunder rolled. Lightning illuminated the empty street and quiet neighborhood. Every house on the block had its lights out; for everyone had already turned in for the night. A woman shrouded in a dark cape stood beneath a street lamp waiting. Cold blue eyes could barely be seen through the sheets of rain underneath her hood. Finally as the last house grew dark and she made her way.

Silently she looked down at the toddler in her arms sleeping peacefully against her chest. The boy had grown used to odd comings and goings. He could sleep through anything and anywhere. Nicky dashed down the street sheltering her child from the rain. Finally she came upon the house that was her mission. It too was dark due to the late hour. The simple small brick house that stood on the corner looked inviting enough. A fence lined the still backyard as she walked up to the front door.

For a second she hesitated. It had been six long years since she last saw her brother. What if he no longer wanted to see her? No matter that she had reasons for being here. Doing what was best for Vic was her only goal now. There was only tonight that she’d be in this port. While her crew acquired the necessary provisions she had another errand to run. Under the shelter of a porch she shifted the toddler to her other hip and reached out to ring the doorbell.

Before her finger reached the button the door flew open and a strong familiar hand caught her wrist. “Thought you’d be here tonight. Come, come in.” Silently she followed her brother through a dark house into the basement. Finally he turned on a light and turned to look at her. Nicky threw back the hood of her medieval style cape and set the groggy boy down. She took the cape off and tossed it aside as she made sure her son was dry and warm. Adam eyed her clothing and cropped hair, “Good grief you look a mess. Don’t tell me you’ve been going around like that for the past six years?”

Nicky stood back up to face her brother and the cat sitting on a shelf behind. She chuckled slightly and placed a hand on her son’s head. “Hello to you too. I thought you couldn’t see after the…the…”

“The fire you mean? I see more than I let on. Now who is this?” Adam said kneeling to get a better look at the wide eyed boy.

“That’s Vician my son. In other words your nephew.” she smiled and gently pushed the little boy ahead. “I thought you’d like to meet him.”

Vic had wrinkled his nose at the use of his full name, “I’m Vic. Don’t call me that. Only mom does because she’s a hardheaded she-devil.”

“Vician David! Don’t talk like that around your Uncle!” Nicky admonished with a faint twinkle in her eye. The boy was the only thing that brought that look back to her face.

Adam just guffawed loudly and mussed the boy’s hair gently, “I bet there’s a lot you can tell me about your mother. So is this how you plan to raise him?”

“Now, Adam, I’m a wanted girl. Treachery and torture are my specialties. I don’t need an argument from you. If I was caught here I could be killed in an instant. ”

“If they caught you.”

“But of course.” She said leading the little boy to a corner that held some sacks laying him down she murmured to him, “Now go to sleep. We shove off at sunrise and you want to help Mac with the sails.”

“Then can I have my sword back?” he murmured with heavy eyes. In a few seconds, the boy was back asleep snoring gently. Nicky rose and turned to face her brother and now wife Isabelle.

“He has a sword?” Izzy said cocking her head in wonder.

“Yeah and can shoot pretty good for a three year old. I don’t let him carry the pistol around though.” Nicky said as she motioned to the gun that lay at her side.

“I can’t say it’s not nice to see you Christy…or is it Nicky now? We heard about Ron.” Adam said finally crossing to hug his little sister.

Nicky returned the hug and turned to hide the tears in her eyes. There was nothing she hated worse than showing any kind of soft spot. “I’ve missed you both so much. I wondered if you ever heard any of the tales that float about. Albeit most of them are stretched.”

“We hear some here and there. No offense but I lived with you all through school. Showing us your son is not the only reason you’re here is it?” Izzy said transforming into her human figure in order to give her friend a hug.

Nicky shook her head as to bring her thoughts to the present. Looking back and forth to her brother and then his wife, “You’re right. There’s more to this visit. It’s all about Vic though. If it wasn’t for him, I’d stay at sea the rest of my life. I do pretty good for myself. I’ve got a good crew, and a study ship. However, the boy needs a father, he needs to go to school, he needs friends, and so many other things I can’t give him on my ship.”

“I understand now. You want help making some of the potion don’t you? You sure you want to find your true love? Are you sure, you want to become Christy again? Remember little sister; you left most of that girl behind six years ago. The rest of her I‘m sure you is still aboard the Christy.” Adam stated while crossing to the cupboard. He gathered the ingredients and began placing them on the table. Isabelle crossed to the cauldron to start the fire going.

“Uh huh, I’m sure. Besides, I saw the look on your face when that kid opened his mouth. On the ship, we’re used to him. Then again, he talks and acts like the rest of us. I gotta get him away from that life. It isn’t good for a little boy. You know what he asked me this mornin‘? If he could help us plunder the Swedish banking fleet after we saw his Uncle Adam! I was still debating on even going after that shipment of gold. I’ve got enough money to last me a lifetime. The fight isn’t getting old and I’m happy. This is for him not me. Let’s get to work.”

“No it’s not little sister. It’s just as much for you too. I can see it in your eyes. Mom used to call us her twins, remember? You’re lonely. It’s all over that face of yours. Although you’re a little harder to read these days. Sure, you got gold and people all around you, but you’re ready to move on. Are you sure, you’re ready for the reverse effect of the potion? Once you take it there’s no stopping falling in love once you find your other half.” Adam eyed his sister suspiciously, as he began mixing the proper ingredients.

“Blast you…you bloody yellow bellied…,” she started to growl but stopped at the look of horror on Izzy‘s face, “What are you gettin’ at?”

“I’ve got a hunch that’s all. That and your fairy godmother was by today. Telling me not to do this to you. I’m just as stubborn as you are. Not to mention I don’t pay all that much attention to her. I won’t tell you whose name she mentioned but I think you know. Are you ready to face this person? You know once you drink this stuff it’s inevitable.” Adam motioned for Izzy to increase the heat under the cauldron as the mixture started to bubble.

Nicky paced back and forth the punched the wall. She frowned at the hole she left and began, “If you mean Moppet, then you have no worries. Surely even land dwellers like you two should know I’ve sworn vengeance against him. The next time I see that boy and his first mate I’ll gully ‘em both and hang ‘em from the Statue of Liberty for the world to see. It’ll teach anyone to cross me again!”

Izzy and Adam shared a look of concern. As if reading his mind Izzy crossed over to the shelf, took a bottle, and poured a generous amount in. Adam nodded and hid the bottle before Nicky could spot it. Little did she know that not only would the potion work the intended way but it would also return her to her former personality. The smiling laughing girl they knew before Ron’s death. No, they couldn’t erase the years at sea or the hard edges that had formed around her. All they could do was dull them down, but it’d be worth it.

Silently the trio worked into the night getting the concoction ready. Adam couldn’t help but hope this would work. Ever since he first saw his sister tonight, he realized she had changed. The smile and laugh was gone. Eyes that once had sparkled were dull and cold. The air around her reeked of salt, blood, and gold. He hadn’t prepared himself to meet this cold hard person. Finally, he tested the stuff and looked up, “It’s ready. Last chance to back out.”

“Adam, I want to take the bloody potion! Do I have to tell you again?” Nicky took a bottle in which she knew was the right amount. She filled it then raised it as if giving a toast. “Bottom’s up.” Tilting her head back, she drunk quickly and grimaced. “Oh man that stuff is terrible. No wonder I got caught when headmaster took a drink. We really outta make it a flavor or something. It tastes like…like…”

“…like dragon’s breath and toad’s toenails?” Adam finished joking at the fact that many people called them witches. He filled another bottle and gave it to her just in case.

Nicky laughed and retorted, “I was going more for jellyfish and alligator tongue.” She glanced down at her watch and realized that morning had come. Her crew had already set sail under her orders. Putting on her cape, she picked up her sleeping child and turned toward her brother. “Thanks Adam, Izzy. This time I won’t stay gone so long.”

“I know. Goodbye Christy and be careful.” Adam said slipping his arm around his wife. Then with a snap of her fingers, she was gone. They knew she’d reappear aboard her ship heading for the open sea and a certain fleet of ships.

Izzy shook her head after their guest had left. “Are you sure she won’t kill that boy when they meet up? You know he’s the one leading that Swedish fleet.”

Adam smiled and nodded, “No she won’t kill him. She may try, but she won’t be able to bring herself to do the deed. She might have my neck though. Just think it was already starting to work. Did you see how she smiled and laughed before she left? I do believe we made it a little too potent.”

“You nutball.” Izzy swatted her husband playfully, “You did it on purpose. Let’s get to bed. I’m beat and it’s been a long night.”

“That I did…that I did.” Adam said and chuckled. They both turned off the light and headed upstairs.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Father: *cough*
Moppet: Arr!
Father: *Cough, cough*
Moppet: Arr, arr!
Me: huh?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... I'm glad I read this again, at least the rest of it for a first time after the first part where Christy appeared with Vic at the Cole household.
Turned out better than what I was thinking. Love the line...
Adam: "I can see more than I let on."
That my mom says I sometimes do.

Adam: And don't forget... You may be a witch, but I'm a warlock.
Oh yeah, couldn't forget about that small point.

But it's coming along very well, post Chapter 6 when ready.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Yes, post chapter six when ready, and make it ready SOON!
I love this chapter, by the way, I positively love it! Especially how, erm, Nicky/Christy couldn't quite bring herself to say "the fire". That hit me right about... <points to heart> here-ish. Very well written as a whole.

Ann: I liked seeing Mommy and Daddy.

Kelly: Me, too.

Tabby: Me three.

Ann: Tabby, you are not three! We're not even one yet!

Tabby: Ann, for the last time, that's not what I meant!

Kelly: Could you two be quiet so we can hear more of the story?

Ann and Tabby: Sorry.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love this story to bits! It's so great how it tells the true story of...

Father: it's true ish.

...how Father and Mother met, and...

Father: I know what's coming, and I say,don't believe a word of it.

...oh, shut up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
... Penguin waddles in with tray of drinks.

Penguin: Let's see... Mrs. Moppet had the sparkling water...
Mr. Moppet had the steaming cup of tea.
Mr. Cole ordered the rejuvenating lemon-lime soda...
And these three had milk with a splash of hot chocolate.
*Hands glasses and leaves.