1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The GelflingWaldo Files Online

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by GelflingWaldo, Feb 8, 2005.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Want a daily dose of Muppety fun? Check out the new GelflingWaldo Files.

I have started my own little blog to post the Muppet happenings that are on my mind with the world. The GelflingWaldo Files is a place you can find all the greatest and latest Muppet, Fraggle, Sesame, and Henson happenings on the web (second only to MuppetCentral). Stop on by and read the daily posts, and feel free to leave comments on any of them if you like. Something new will be posted each and every day (to the best of my physical ability). News, reviews, reactions, commentary, information, whatever I can think of. Each day will bring a new surprise and adventure. I hope you enjoy what I end up sharing and find it useful, informative, and fun. So surf over and check it out.

Bookmark the page and check back each day for tons of fun!

http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/
  2. christyb

christyb New Member

Ohhh...Nice. Thanks Gelflingwaldo! I'm checking it out now!
  3. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Sweet Site Gelflingwaldo! :excited:
  4. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Thanks for the positive responces so far. This is turning into a fun project (just over a week now). Keep checking back because each day something new will be posted. I'm still working on getting more pictures and other media (video/audio downloads) ready for future bits. Hope you all enjoy checking out the blog from time to time.

FYI - Tomorrows bit is already up (about 5 hours early).
  5. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

That's a great looking site, man! Nice work, I just added it to my favorites.
  6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

More updates continue to be added to the files - Muppets on SNL, More Mother Goose Stories on DVD, Fraggle Rock DVD Campaign, and more. Keep checking back, as each day something new is shared with the world. There's a lot more coming in the days to come!
  7. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Help Emmet Otter

An update from The GelflingWaldo Files: After 15 days of bringing you daily information, The GelflingWaldo Files calls Henson fans to band together once again. HIT Entertainment has said that “Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas" is going to be rereleased for this Christmas.But if you want to see Emmet given the proper DVD treatment please visit the Files today and find you how you can Get "Emmet Otter" The Proper Way!
  8. christyb

christyb New Member

I'm lovin' your files GelflingWaldo. Keep 'em coming!!!!!
  9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Thanks.:) I'm glad you enjoy them. And I'm working to keep something new and fresh coming each day. If you enjoy the files spread the word, the more people reading the merrier. ;)
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Another update from the files, surf over and check it all out. News of Henson & "Elbo Elf: P.M.O.C", One year with Disney, The GelflingWaldo Files, a fun maze game, The Muppets on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, an update on Palisades' Sesame Figures, and much more! So be sure to check us out - something new everyday!
  11. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

The GelflingWaldo Files has some breaking news (and breaking pictures) from the New York Toy Fair about Fraggle Rock products (mainly Fraggle Rock UNO). Some really cool stuff, and worth checking out. Take a look by surfing over to: http://gelflingwaldo.blogspot.com/
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Today brings a special post that shares two great interviews with Sesame Street stars from National Public Radio. Surf over to the Gelfling Waldo files, and check it out and listen to what the men behind Big Bird and Elmo have to say on NPR. You can also read about Statler & Waldorf's from the Balcony, Fraggle Merchindise, and more! Enjoy!
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

This is seriously one of, if not thee best updated source of Mupet and JH related news info in the 8 years I've been looking at Muppet sites online. For a long tim I have yearned for a *regularly* updated site. My only advice is you spread your antennas high and your tentacles wide. To get true cred you need lots of exclusive scoops. If you can find some reliable sources for such things you're on the right track. Anyways, I know now where I can find my Muppet news updates:)

PS: You need a forum!
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Wow! Nice site! Lovin it!
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

NOTE re forum: Under each 'blog' there is a link saying "0 comments" "1 comment" "etc"

You can use those as a kind of forum, I believe. Whadda you think?
  16. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'd just like a forum that is not as elitest as Tp, but not as...kindergartenish as MC:) Perhaps I just want to rekindle the magic the MC forums had from 98-2002.
  17. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I am considering a forum, but for now the "Comments" will have to do (or places like MC or TP). I'll keep you posted on the final decision, but I am strongly considering adding one. Also I am planning some other site features to launch the next day or two. So check back.

Thanks for all the support so far! The "files" would not be a success with you.

Also be sure to check out the exciting story (Feb 28) about the new television show coming from The Muppet Holding Co. - "Breakfast with Bear" featuring Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House.
  18. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

My main question is how does one start a personal blog/site like this?
  19. christyb

christyb New Member

There are websites that will host a blog for free. Gelfling is using Blogger for instance. Generally you just sign up and start blogging. Also most free website hosting places will host a blog for free also.
  20. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Some new features have been added to the GelflingWaldo Files today - including a new frequently asked question section, and a Henson/Muppet calendar. Both of these items will be updated as time calls for it.

I am doing my best to build a site for the fans. So now I ask you for your help. You are the ones who read this site, you are the ones who benefit from it; so what do you want to see? Please share any and all comments, feedback, or ideas for what you would want to see (use the comments feature on "the files" website, private message me, or e-mail me). I want this site to be what the fans want, so what do you want to see added (alll suggestions will be seriously considered)?