1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest!

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by bezalel, Apr 25, 2006.

1. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Sock Search - The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest is here! Puppet builders from around the globe will enter photos of their original puppet characters, built from The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern, and compete for the grand prize - The Forma Trio or $150.00 USD credit with Project Puppet. Entries will be accepted through May 28, 2006.

A panel of five pre-selected impartial judges (all MC members, by the way) will vote for the top ten finalists. The entries will be judged on technical skill (construction of the puppet) and successful character creation (how well the puppet’s physical attributes reflect it’s personality).

The top ten finalists will have their submissions posted on the Project Puppet website for the public to vote for the winner!

For more info click here!
  2. renegade

renegade Member

Sweet idea... lot's of fun!
  3. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Three weeks until the entry deadline! :crazy: Just a friendly reminder.

We've already received a few entries and they look great! It's going to be a tough job for the judges and the voters.

Note: Almost forgot, if anyone is interested, Project Puppet has been posting tips on working with antron fleece on the blog. The information may be helpful in the contruction of the Glorified Sock Puppet entries! Have fun!
  4. video567

video567 New Member

cool thanks for the reminder, mine is almost done trying to add onem ore thing and I will submit my pictures. cant wait to see everyone's entries once the contest is done
  5. puppetise

puppetise Member

have you recived mine?
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I just bought my pattern. Haven't recieved the login info yet but i'm hoping soon ;)
    It'll be lots of fun to get going with puppetbuilding again! I must say projectpuppet is the single best recource i have ever come across! Never really payed attention to the site until now when i saw this post. Thank you!
  7. Muppet Matt

Muppet Matt Active Member

Does it have to be a sock puppet?:confused:
  8. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Hi all,

Yes, puppetise we received your entry. Great work!

Thanks, Bork Bork, for the vote of confidence! The emails with the login info are automatically generated. You should have received it. We've been finding that some email accounts (Yahoo! email accounts in particular - I think they are trying to stick it to Google's Gmail) mark the login emails and dump them into the Bulk Folder. Check there, first. If it's not there, just shoot us an email and we'll take care of you.

Muppet Matt, the puppet's aren't actually made from a sock. They are built from The Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern from Project Puppet. It's named that because the puppet fits the puppeteer's hand like a traditional sock puppet. But to answer your question, yes, for this contest, the entries have to be "sock" puppets made from the Glorified Sock Puppet Pattern.

On that note, if everyone enjoys the contest, we'd like to make it a tradition, holding more contests for different patterns in the future.
  9. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I just emailed you. Don't have aspamfilter or any automated sorting in my email. I'm really courious about the pattern.
  10. video567

video567 New Member

BorkBork you are going to enter? thats awesome. I had a bit of trouble too, dont worry these guys worj with you well and fast
  11. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

If everything goes well i will try to be in the contest ;) I did get the pattern. Very simple but interesting pattern. I'll try to use my antron that i bought 3-4 years ago ;)
  12. puppetise

puppetise Member

cheers bezalel it took me ages to get it right ohhh just a note his name is benny not bearnie soz for the mix up and was his info long enough he has a little sister
  13. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

In the pattern it says that you stuff the head to round it off. So, may i use sheet-foam instead for the contest? I will use the original pattern for it so it's nothing i made up myself...
  14. video567

video567 New Member

i sent my entry in today. hopefully someone will like it
  15. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Just a reminder - a little over two weeks left until the entry deadline!

(I hope I'm not annoying everybody with these reminders.)
  16. puppetise

puppetise Member

nope its kool
  17. Shaver80

Shaver80 New Member

Just got my pattern

I just loaded and printed the pattern. Can't wait to start....:)
  18. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I just ordered the pattern ... the first attempt was way tooo small for my hand so I made a quick simple puppet for my three year old.(my apprentice) lol she loves it anyways. I used sheet foam and felt covering.
  19. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Sounds great, guys. Hope to see both of your entries in the contest!
  20. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I'm still working on finishing touches of my puppets. Do i have to submit it today or do i have all day tomorrow to submit?