1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The Glorified Sock Puppet Contest!

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by bezalel, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dsarver

dsarver New Member

:concern:

Maybe the judges needed a deadline too. :)

Can't wait to see what everyone created.
  2. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I agree. I'm not complaing here, ofcourse they need to be thourough, but this is what, the 3:d week now we're witing?

I really don't care about seeing wheter or not my puppet made it, but i'm so eager to see the other contestants ;)
  3. bezalel

bezalel New Member

Hey guys. Most of the judges votes are in. We're only waiting to hear from one more and I've been in contact with him and it should be really soon. The judges are busy just like everybody is busy and I must say deciding on the top ten of all the entries is a tough job. I'm glad I didn't have to make the decision.

Also, we are planning on posting pictures of some of the other entries besides the top ten on the Project Puppet Blog. A lot of creativity went into these puppets and it is great to see how a simple "sock" can be transformed into so many different characters.

At any rate, it should be soon!
  4. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Sounds great bezalel
  5. bezalel

bezalel New Member

6. puppetise

puppetise Member

Im in the top ten

*Faints wow there are some spic finalists here every 1 did a great job
  7. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Wow, all contestants are really really great! It will be hard to chose one to vote for.
    It's great to see so much variation in one single pattern. Amazing.
  8. bezalel

bezalel New Member

It is amazing. And remember there's 17 more entries. Some had votes from 1 or 2 of the judges, but didn't make it in the top ten. They are still great characters. Actually some of the entries were in my personal top ten but didn't make the judges' lists. We'll be sharing those guys on the blog in the days and weeks ahead.
  9. puppetise

puppetise Member

10. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Wow, looking forward to it. I'm really happy i made it in the top ten. It made my day! :-D
  11. puppetise

puppetise Member

which 1 u make
  12. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I made Eric. Wich one did you do?
  13. puppetise

puppetise Member

The Australian mammal Benny Bilby
  14. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

It's really cute! Good job! Good luck!:)
  15. puppetise

puppetise Member

back at you
  16. renegade

renegade Member

Just Fantastic Puppets.... Great Job Everyone!!!
  17. Puppetplanet

Puppetplanet Member

Wow, there are some awesome puppets on that list! I Made Curb Fertilize. :crazy:

-Michele
  18. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

Just some feedback on a technical problem I found with the site, I'm not sure how the IP blocking with the voting works, but I wasn't able to vote using a desktop computer at an Internet cafe in Toronto (I did manage to vote later using my laptop elsewhere). I know of someone else who experienced the same the problem at home.
  19. bezalel

bezalel New Member

We checked out the system and everything seems to be working fine. The votes are coming in. We do have measures in place to only allow one vote per person (actually one vote per computer). I won't go into detail on those measures for obvious reasons.

I would suspect that the hang-up in your case probably lies within the security settings in place at the Internet cafe (oh Buck, you are so trendy). The same is probably also true in the other case you mentioned.

If anybody else is having trouble registering their vote feel free to contact us through the contact page at www.projectpuppet.com/contact.htm.
  20. renegade

renegade Member

Quick question a bit on the tech side but If I send a link to all my coworkers in the office about 60 people does that show up as the same IP address since all the computers are linked to one main server?

Also Bezalel I just checked my junk my folder and found some emails from you . AAARG my junk mail it way to sensitive!!! I will get back to ya real soon. so sorry .

takecare everyone