The Great Muppet Caper

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It was just under a year ago when I saw GMC the first time. I loved how much it reminds me of old musicals that they show on public television. Good ones, I mean. :wink: But yeah, very cool. I find the pacing is almost slow in this movie. It really takes its time, it doesnt rush through to the plot points. However I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not yet. Anyone else know what I mean?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
I recall asking Steve Whitmire what happened to Lips, probably when we were doing Muppets Wizard of Oz. As I recall he said that he was officially retired from the gang - probably because they didn't know what to do with him. Same for Beauregard, although I must say I miss him. I'd like to see him return. Anyone else?
That's sad. I really hope that Disney decides to bring them back sometime soon. Yeah, I know that they are not as major as Rowlf or Scooter, but they are two of my favorites.

BEAR

Reaction score
SteveJRogers said:
Really, I thought it was Jane Henson

Would have been cool if it was Kermit, not Gonzo that went up to him

:smile:Hi-Ho!

Yeah, I guess, but I like seeing Jim Henson interact with other characters that aren't performed by him more. Not sure why but there's something about it that's neat.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
I recall asking Steve Whitmire what happened to Lips, probably when we were doing Muppets Wizard of Oz. As I recall he said that he was officially retired from the gang - probably because they didn't know what to do with him. Same for Beauregard, although I must say I miss him. I'd like to see him return. Anyone else?
what!?? thats dumb, i love those characters. why retire lips, just stick him in the background and have him play trumpet. and Beau was in IAVMMVCM, since when is he retired? I can understand retiring Rowlf, but not Lips or Beau

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
Did ya spot Frank Oz in this movie?...
Sadly, no. I have watched the newsroom scene many times...and I still can't pick Frank out of the crowd!

No problem spotting Richard, Kathy, Jim and Jerry, though...

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Frank comes out from the door on the left at the back and stops just behind Gonzo at his "Stop The Presses" line. He has a wig on though but the mustache is still there.... he he heee... You can't miss him!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ha ha! I never noticed that. The wig threw me off!

I was lazying through the closing credits of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? last night--was happy to see a name I recognized. I should be more observant, though. I know that credit was listed elsewhere!

BEAR

Reaction score
We should start a thread where we make a list of all the Muppeteer/Muppet people cameos in the movies and shows. There's been a lot of them and I love that they do that. Makes things more fun and it's like a little game trying to spot them.