The Great Muppet Caper

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Yes, we should start a list. Would the list include the Muppeteer/Muppet people's parents, kids, siblings and other relatives?

BEAR

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
Yes, we should start a list. Would the list include the Muppeteer/Muppet people's parents, kids, siblings and other relatives?
I suppose so. It could be Muppeteers/staff or family/relatives of.

Frogster

Reaction score
Yes, he was leading the bicycle group on his trike.

superboober

Reaction score
One thing I wondered for a while, where's Henson when Kermit's sitting on the bench with Peter Falk? There doesn't seem to be anywhere visible where he could be hiding (or was that a remote-controlled Kermit with his voice dubbed in later?).

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
superboober said:
One thing I wondered for a while, where's Henson when Kermit's sitting on the bench with Peter Falk? There doesn't seem to be anywhere visible where he could be hiding (or was that a remote-controlled Kermit with his voice dubbed in later?).
I think there was a remote controlled Kermit for the wide shots, and then a regular puppet for the close-ups..

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They could also have done the same ol' mirror trick that they use on stools to hide Jim.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing with the mirror as I was reading this thread.
Mike Quinn said:
... As I recall he said that he was officially retired from the gang - probably because they didn't know what to do with him. Same for Beauregard, although I must say I miss him. I'd like to see him return. Anyone else?
I seem to recall reading or hearing somewhere that Dave Goelz never really liked playing Beauregard... I know he has said that about Bunsen and Zoot both. :confused: :cool: Maybe I'm just confused there. Beauregard was in an episode of Muppets Tonight with a speaking role, though.

The Great Muppet Caper is my absolute favorite Muppet movie ever! My parents recorded it off TV when I was little, and I would always have it playing. Great movie! Great, great, great, great, great movie!

"I am playing 18 different emotions!"
"Well, try playing one of them right!"

One of the best Kermit/Piggy scenes ever! Comparable to The Muppet Show episode guest starring Lorreta Switt:

"You can't just toss her out into the streets!"
"Not without a forklift I can't!"

superboober

Reaction score
It's the little touches they throw in that make it even more worthwhile. One I really like is how Zoot during the "Happiness Hotel" musical interlude keeps blowing his notes right in Kermit's face, causing him to recoil; you have to wonder if they winged that on the set.

It's a little sad looking back they couldn't find something for Robin to do, but then again it wouldn't be like Kermit to drag his nephew all the way across the Atlantic on his latest news assignment or place him in harm's way while he tries to catch jewel thieves red-handed (even though Robin could easily tell him what color their hands are right now).