The Henson Connection

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here is the obvious Saturday Night Live/ Henson connection:

During the first season of saturday night live, the muppets were semi-regulars. Jim Henson created a new group of muppets, which included King Ploobis, Queen Peuta, Scred, The Mighty Fuvog (which is frquently spelled "Favog" in most refference books), Vash, and Wisss. However, these sketches were out of place with the format of the show, most of the cast and crew hated the Muppets, and only SNL writers (not henson writers, with at least one exception) were allowed to write the Muppet sketches. The following year, Jim henson had an offer to produce The Muppet Show in england so the muppets were no longer a part of Saturday Night Live.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Original SNL cast members Chevy Chase and larrane Newman both appeared in Sesame Street Presents Follow That Bird (Chase as the newscaster, Newman as the voice of Mommie Dodo).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Frank Oz made cameos in both of the Blues Brothers movies, which featured The Blues brothers, who originally appeared on SNL.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Horatio Sanz sang with the muppets on SNL and Bobby DeNiro was there too

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Gilda Radner from SNL guest starred on the Muppet Show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
ok i'm changing up to

TV : The Simpsons
Not to sound rude, but my rule was to pick somebody who has participated to choose the next round. I will allow this Simpsons topic, but after tomorrow you should let somebody else (who participates in this topic) to choose the next topic.

Anyway, I will pick the first connection:

Kermit and Miss Piggy were both animated in the Simpsons episode A Fish Called Selma, for a fictional movie called The Muppets Go Midevil.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Not to sound rude, but my rule was to pick somebody who has participated to choose the next round. I will allow this Simpsons topic, but after tomorrow you should let somebody else (who participates in this topic) to choose the next topic.

Anyway, I will pick the first connection:

Kermit and Miss Piggy were both animated in the Simpsons episode A Fish Called Selma, for a fictional movie called The Muppets Go Midevil.
ok well your next u pick one

minor muppetz

Reaction score

The current topic is Star wars.

first connection: Star Wars droids C3PO and R2D2 have both appeared twice on Sesame Street.