The Hobbit Movie?

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
Cool beans! :smile: I don't know if this has already been posted, but you guys should check out www.thehobbitfilm.com The letter from Bob Shaye is on that website. It was actually written in response to a letter writing campaign that tons of people have been involved in. Check out the site and get involved! :embarrassed:

"I am looking for someone to share in a great adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone."
-Gandalf

Party_Animal

Reaction score
I really hope there's a movie for The Hobbit. :excited: I loved the book. Peter Jackson would have to direct it. He did a fantastic job with LOTR and I think he would do just as well with The Hobbit. I don't think anyone could do a better job then him. Of course Ian McKellen should play Gandalf again, Ian Holm as Biblo too, and Hugo Weaving as Elrond. :big_grin:

Fozzie Wozzie

Reaction score
I agree! Peter directing and the same actors would be totally awesome. Also, I think that Fran Walsh and Philipha (sp?) Boyens should write the script. It would be really neat if they could get John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) to play Gloin (the father of Gimli). However, he said "not for all the gold in Middle-earth." It would be neat if he changed his mind though! :mad:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'd love to see this movie made, but I guess we have to wait for King Kong to be finished first. But on Gimli's father, I don't think it would work to have John Rhys-Davies play his father. That would be weird. Nothing against John, it's just that he already plays two roles in the trilogy...to have him play his father as well would be pretty weird.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Didn't they show Gloin in "Fellowship?" Of course, he was 80 years older, but dwarves age rather slowly...
Erin

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Now that you mention it...yes! At the Council of Elrond. :embarrassed:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score

Drum Eater

Reaction score
That's good news! I sure hope Peter Jackson is up to making The Hobbit after King Kong, though. LOTR was a massive amount of work, I just hope he's up to a little more of Middle-earth.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
If he can handle LOTR, he certainly ought to be able to handle the hobbit. I wonder if he would have to start completely from scratch or if he might have some sets or something he could use. I read something a while back where Elijah Wood was denying rumors that he would be interesting in playing Bilbo. I'd never heard those rumor, but I agree with him that it would be weird for him to play Bilbo after playing Frodo, especially since he just doesn't have a Bilbo-esque aura about him. It's one thing doing voices; Ian Holm voiced Bilbo in the BBC radio production, and Orson Bean voiced Bilbo and Frodo in the Rankin and Bass movies. But I think they ought to find some total unknown who maybe looks a bit like Ian Holm but with a more Sam-like physique.
Erin

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
They have almost everything from the LOTR trilogy in storage in New Zealand. They're hoping to open a museum but the Tolkien estate has blocked it so far.