The Hobbit Movie?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I'm not surprised that they still have most of it. I wonder why the Tolkien estate objects to it, though. I'd love to go to that museum, but unless they took it on the road there's not much chance of that anytime soon...
Erin

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
It's one thing doing voices; Ian Holm voiced Bilbo in the BBC radio production, and Orson Bean voiced Bilbo and Frodo in the Rankin and Bass movies.
Correction: Ian Holm voiced Frodo in the BBC radio production. Bilbo was portrayed by John Le Mesurier.

-Kim

anathema

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I'm not surprised that they still have most of it. I wonder why the Tolkien estate objects to it, though. I'd love to go to that museum, but unless they took it on the road there's not much chance of that anytime soon...
Erin
They did - if nothing else, there was a huge exhibition at the Science Museum in London last summer, and I'd be astounded if that was the only venue.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
Correction: Ian Holm voiced Frodo in the BBC radio production. Bilbo was portrayed by John Le Mesurier.

-Kim
:embarrassed: That's what I meant to say! :embarrassed:
Erin

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Wow...that's kind of funny. I sure hope the movie works out...the Hobbit would make for an awesome movie, and it could reunite Peter Jackson, Howard Shore, Ian Mckellen, and Ian Holm. Beorn would also be cool...that is one of the few parts of "The Hobbit" I still remember. Anyway, I hope they make this movie!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
And he was sadly missing entirely from the Rankin and Bass version. True, he's an anomalous character like Tom Bombadil, but "The Hobbit" is a series of somewhat isolated events, much more so than "Lord of the Rings." I can't see Jackson cutting him.
Erin

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I agree. I think "The Hobbit" without the many isolated events it does have would be a letdown, especially for a film interpretation. They didn't really have time for isolated events in the LOTR films, but I think they'd have plenty of time in "The Hobbit". It's all about the journey, and those isolated events are part of the journey. There and back again...