The "I Did Something Stupid Today" Thread

Kiki

Reaction score
Lol, don't worry Sarge and Shoe Fairy, I've had the same experience! It was the ol' "glasses-on-top-of-the-head" thing, I was like, "where ARE my glasses? Don't tell me I left them... I need them NOW!" and my Mum's like, "err- they're on top of your head"

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Lol, don't worry Sarge and Shoe Fairy, I've had the same experience! It was the ol' "glasses-on-top-of-the-head" thing, I was like, "where ARE my glasses? Don't tell me I left them... I need them NOW!" and my Mum's like, "err- they're on top of your head"
LOL! I did that with a Bandana. I was all like "Dagnabit! where is my bandana" and spent 10 minutes looking, 'til I got "Round yer neck" from a friend.

Kiki

Reaction score
LOL! Not so long ago I thought I lost a $50 note. I was in a shop, and I looked in my wallet so many times and I was like, "it's not there! I've lost it! It's just not there!" and my Dad's like, "'ave another look" and... it was just there. Where I looked beforehand. O_O

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oookkk...I have something that beats the glasses ontop of the head thing.

Today I had taken my glasses off and put them on the counter. So then...after I do that, I FORGOT that I put them on the counter and went to take them off agian. All I got was air. Then the worst part is I tried again before I realized they were off. You would have thought the blurred vision would have given it away XD

Pork

Reaction score
My Dad has been known to wear up to 4 pairs of glasses at once! It looks truly bizzare. 0_o

Kiki

Reaction score
My Dad has been known to wear up to 4 pairs of glasses at once! It looks truly bizzare. 0_o
****! XD My Dad has tons of glasses, too. He's always sitting on them or they get ran over somehow, but they're just always turning up somehow. My eyesight has gone worse, apparently, so I need a new perscription. I have two pairs of glasses, both of which my Dad hates, lol (he says the second pair looks like the ones he's aunty had in the 60s).

Pork

Reaction score
Woah, that's spookily like my Dad. Except no matter how many he has...and he has tons...he can never seem to find the RIGHT pair when he needs it. So he just wears two to make up for it. haha

As far as I know, I don't need glasses. but I havn't had my eyes checked in years. I should probably do that :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think I have been through about 5 pairs of glasses in the last 3 years. My eyesight just started going downhill one day. I used to have great vision, like reading tiny writting at a distance. then I needed glasses...I guess it inevitable since my dad without his glasses is legally blind. Although I think my eyes have leveled out. I've had the same prescription for about a year. Thats a record...

Kiki

Reaction score
Woah, that's spookily like my Dad. Except no matter how many he has...and he has tons...he can never seem to find the RIGHT pair when he needs it. So he just wears two to make up for it. haha

As far as I know, I don't need glasses. but I havn't had my eyes checked in years. I should probably do that :stick_out_tongue:
I got mine checked a little while ago. But the time before that. which was well over a year ago ('bout a year and a half), and my optomitrist was like, "My God you need glasses!" Then my brother teased me because he's like, "Hawhaw, Mum said I'd have bad eyes because I watch too many screens, but your eyes are worse!" But I wasn't the one who got a '2' and and 'Z' mixed up (there wasn't even a two on the chart, lol!)

Yeah, my Dad's always wanting new glasses. He doesn't spend tons on them, he gets them cheaply, but he's always changing he's style: big, small (alarmingly), modern, vintage. He's been hinting fer some Wayfares recently, though. :wink:

I think I have been through about 5 pairs of glasses in the last 3 years. My eyesight just started going downhill one day. I used to have great vision, like reading tiny writting at a distance. then I needed glasses...I guess it inevitable since my dad without his glasses is legally blind. Although I think my eyes have leveled out. I've had the same prescription for about a year. Thats a record...
It's weird, because my left eye is far more worse than my right, dunno why. I've had only three glasses, in the past 1 and a half (or more) years. I don't wear them all the time, just to read the board and stuff. I've had big, tortoise-shell ones, big ones you'd see little girls of the 80s wear (think Olive form Little Miss Sunshine) and my current ones are thick black cat-eyes-esque (well, sorta... XP) 1960s style. Yeah... I'm a nerd. But I can pull them off better than most people, because it's my style and secondly, I have the hair.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score

Yeah my dad has glasses, I should get my eyes checked out, cause he only got glasses after he started with computers, and my Grandad is 74 and only has glasses for reading, so I think it was the computers that did it. I was suspected of needing glasses in year 2, but it turned out I was just really uncoordinated. Hopefully I don't, but If I ever do, I'm getting contacts.:cool: