1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. jgidley Active Member

HOLY shikeys!
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My dad was watching a golf game on TV today, and it had a surprisingly loud audience, for a golf game... in fact, at one point, the ball ended up a few inches away from the hole, and the crowd watching was like, "WWWWWWHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOAAAA!!!"
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Golf is the most boring sport I know, right up there with tennis. "OMG THE BALL WENT IN THE HOLE!!!"
  4. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

My family calls it "watching paint dry." Yet both my grandfather and my husband's grandparents follow it almost religiously.

Tennis, however, I do not find boring. But if it's not one of my favorite players, I could care less. I can't just watch Wimbledon all day.
  5. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

My uncle is a golf junkie I'm just like unless I wanna take a nap I cannot watch this all day.
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Actually, here's another one today..

So, I remember earlier in the year, one of the worst-looking movies this year was 1000 Words... I mean really, it just SCREAMED bottom of the Hollywood barrel, but I guess it must have been even worse than any of us could imagine, because it's ALREADY on HBO... I don't even remember it being released on DVD, and it seems like it was just in theaters not too long ago.

*Sigh* Remember the good old days when it took like a year for movies to be released on VHS or DVD, then an extra several months before movie channels on cable began to play them?
  7. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Some lady in front of me in the grocery store paid with debit and asked for cash back so she gets her cash only to get back in line to ask the cashier for five ones. :confused: And no this wasn't the lady who asked me to buy her sugar. :p
  8. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Wouldn't be surprised if it is :p
  9. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I made sure it wasn't!
  10. Hubert Well-Known Member

My mom was telling me about a weird encounter she had at the grocery store. Some woman was looking at a rack with pretzels on it, and my mom made a comment that they have (I forget what) in them, which makes them healthy for you. So the woman said something to the effect of "well I'm only getting some if you're getting some and if you come back later and put them back then I'm going to put mine back too."

I just kept thinking about Pinky's sugar story...
    newsmanfan likes this.
  11. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Great she must have a sister. :p
  12. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

My mom and my aunt having a conversation about food and somehow got on the subject of frogs legs.
  13. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Cover your ears, :)
  14. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's all I kept thinking about too! I was thinking "Kermit don't come into this conversation." Lol

EDIT- Now Youtube is recommending me five videos of "How to crack the perfect egg." Oh well at least it's better then Honey Boo Boo.
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I must be molting.

When I took off my shirt last night to take a shower, the inside of it was covered in loose chest and back hair. :eek:
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

It's all the stress of Honey Poo Poo getting to you. :p
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You're the one who seems to like to egg it all on. :p
  18. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Hahaha you crack me up. :p Blame YouTube they started it. :p
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, remember here a while back, we were all reacting to the news article that a mother was arrested and booked for letting her children play outside (I can't find which thread it was in)? Well finally today, there's been an update to that story that makes sense as to what exactly was going on...

Apparently a neighbor saw the kids playing outside, and called the police to report child neglect: that neighbor is apparently an enemy of the mother, and called the police to have her arrested as a spiteful act. Now the mother is suing the police department (though I think she should sue the neighbor, or move to another neighborhood, or have the neighbor move out or something).
  20. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Okay, you know what? These specialty dating sites are really getting out of hand... sure, apparently match.com and eharmony.com weren't enough, then we ended up with dating sites for Christian singles and Jewish singles... okay, but now, dating sites for old people? Dating sites for farmers? What's next? Dating sites for pets?