1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

My mom was telling me about a weird encounter she had at the grocery store. Some woman was looking at a rack with pretzels on it, and my mom made a comment that they have (I forget what) in them, which makes them healthy for you. So the woman said something to the effect of "well I'm only getting some if you're getting some and if you come back later and put them back then I'm going to put mine back too."

I just kept thinking about Pinky's sugar story...

newsmanfan likes this.
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Great she must have a sister. :p

3. Pinkflower7783

My mom and my aunt having a conversation about food and somehow got on the subject of frogs legs.

4. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Cover your ears, :)

5. Pinkflower7783

That's all I kept thinking about too! I was thinking "Kermit don't come into this conversation." Lol

EDIT- Now Youtube is recommending me five videos of "How to crack the perfect egg." Oh well at least it's better then Honey Boo Boo.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I must be molting.

When I took off my shirt last night to take a shower, the inside of it was covered in loose chest and back hair. :eek:

7. Pinkflower7783

It's all the stress of Honey Poo Poo getting to you. :p

8. D'Snowth

You're the one who seems to like to egg it all on. :p

9. Pinkflower7783

Hahaha you crack me up. :p Blame YouTube they started it. :p

10. D'Snowth

Okay, remember here a while back, we were all reacting to the news article that a mother was arrested and booked for letting her children play outside (I can't find which thread it was in)? Well finally today, there's been an update to that story that makes sense as to what exactly was going on...

Apparently a neighbor saw the kids playing outside, and called the police to report child neglect: that neighbor is apparently an enemy of the mother, and called the police to have her arrested as a spiteful act. Now the mother is suing the police department (though I think she should sue the neighbor, or move to another neighborhood, or have the neighbor move out or something).

11. D'Snowth

Okay, you know what? These specialty dating sites are really getting out of hand... sure, apparently match.com and eharmony.com weren't enough, then we ended up with dating sites for Christian singles and Jewish singles... okay, but now, dating sites for old people? Dating sites for farmers? What's next? Dating sites for pets?

12. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

There is a dating site for farmers! Farmersonly.com! It has the smug tag line of "city folks just don't get it". I suppose a niche market is a niche market in the end.

13. D'Snowth

That's what I said, there's now dating sites for groups like old people, and even farmers. What's next? Dating sites for pets? I mean, I KNOW over in France, they actually invented... um... let's just say, you know that movie Lars and the Real Girl? Okay, yeah, they invented THOSE for pets now.

14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Oh, I mis-read what you wrote, sorry. But it's still hilarious how there is a farmers only dating site. I suppose it's not too different than how there's a cable network devoted to almost every different interest possible.

15. Pinkflower7783

You know nothing surprises me anymore on the internet. There probably is already a dating site for pets. :p

16. D'Snowth

Is there a cable network that shows nothing but bunnies hippity-hoppiting around? I wanna see a bunch of bunnies hippity-hoppiting around! Yeaz!

17. Pinkflower7783

Some dude was biking in a dress yesterday.

18. D'Snowth

Klinger?

19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The thing about the whole dating site thing is that they seem to be defeating their own purpose by having an excess of them. An Eharmony user's perfect match is actually on Farmersonly, and so on. If they get too many of them, they can't even work properly because everyone is on the wrong site at the wrong time...

20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Give me the dating site for creative but less-than-gorgeous females being matched with Genuinely Nice, well-off, supportive, intelligent and lively Kiwi males. That I would join.

--------------