The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kroger now carries boxed lobster.

It's a whole, cooked lobster that comes in a box.

Ten bucks a box.

I'd eat it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Sarah Palin Tour Bus.

How does she get her head through doorways with that ego of hers?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
If anyone ever messed up my name, it would always be misspelling it by doing a double "L" and/or changing the "Y" to an "I", but we had a sub in science class yesterday, and while she was calling role, she mispronounced my name as "Ah-lee-shen."

APRena

Reaction score
If anyone ever messed up my name, it would always be misspelling it by doing a double "L" and/or changing the "Y" to an "I", but we had a sub in science class yesterday, and while she was calling role, she mispronounced my name as "Ah-lee-shen."
I've gotten: (actual pro-nun-see-aye-shun: Ree-nah-tah.)
"Ricotta" (yes like the cheese. :/ The sub was about 80...)
Reh-nee-tah
Rye-net-a
Ray-net-a
Ray-nah-tay (?)
Renee (again... what?)

And let's not get started on my LAST name. Stupid German silent vowels. There should even technically be an umlaut, which I would love, if it wouldn't make it even MORE unpronounceable...

Further weird: I saw a cop on a horse today. Okay... why not at least a motorcycle?

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm playing solitaire, and there is absolutely no seven of spades. You may be thinking, "So you lost a card, no big deal." Well, I'm playing the game online. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm playing solitaire, and there is absolutely no seven of spades. You may be thinking, "So you lost a card, no big deal." Well, I'm playing the game online. :eek:
Well, you know how the song goes...

Countin' flowers on the wall,
That don't bother me at all,
Playin' solitaire till dawn,
With a deck of fifty-one.

Smokin' cigarettes, and watching Captain (Kang) Kangaroo
Now don't tell meeeee, I've nothin' to doooooo...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I just saw classic black and white Disney short cartoon clips set to the music of "Another One Bites the Dust." And this wasn't a fanmade video on Youtube or anything like that; it was on Disney Channel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A few minutes ago, the cops had pulled some guy over in front of our building... then the next thing we know, there's a tow truck, an ambulance, and a fire truck.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I was in Wal-Mart because of a club service project today, and at one point, I saw somebody walking around in a Winnie the Pooh costume. He looked like this, but he was an adult, not a toddler. :eek: