1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vic Romano, Aug 17, 2008.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

There is a dating site for farmers! Farmersonly.com! It has the smug tag line of "city folks just don't get it". I suppose a niche market is a niche market in the end.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That's what I said, there's now dating sites for groups like old people, and even farmers. What's next? Dating sites for pets? I mean, I KNOW over in France, they actually invented... um... let's just say, you know that movie Lars and the Real Girl? Okay, yeah, they invented THOSE for pets now.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Oh, I mis-read what you wrote, sorry. But it's still hilarious how there is a farmers only dating site. I suppose it's not too different than how there's a cable network devoted to almost every different interest possible.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

You know nothing surprises me anymore on the internet. There probably is already a dating site for pets. :p
  5. D'Snowth

Is there a cable network that shows nothing but bunnies hippity-hoppiting around? I wanna see a bunch of bunnies hippity-hoppiting around! Yeaz!
  6. Pinkflower7783

Some dude was biking in a dress yesterday.
  7. D'Snowth

8. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

The thing about the whole dating site thing is that they seem to be defeating their own purpose by having an excess of them. An Eharmony user's perfect match is actually on Farmersonly, and so on. If they get too many of them, they can't even work properly because everyone is on the wrong site at the wrong time...
  9. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------
    Give me the dating site for creative but less-than-gorgeous females being matched with Genuinely Nice, well-off, supportive, intelligent and lively Kiwi males. That I would join.

--------------
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

So I go to the store to buy my aunt a birthday gift, and bought her some ceramic bird (about my only choice, as everything else seemed to be a Christmas decoration, but that's besides the point). I take it up to the checkout counter, and upon seeing the bird, the clerk goes into having a random discussion about how her son has a bird feeder and buys bird feed, and he tried buying the non-usual bird seed that was a dollar cheaper, but the birds didn't eat it, so now he buys the brand that is a dollar more just so that the birds will eat it. And how she is mad because she thinks that he should just by the cheap brand, and if the birds don't like it, that's too bad for them. I think she was trying to get moral support or something, as she kept asking me whether I agree with her.

It was the weirdest thing.
    newsmanfan likes this.
  11. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Too bad for them? LOL Wow...
  12. D'Snowth

Well it's kind of like there's a specific brand of bunny food that Tommie liked, HOWEVER, she WOULD NOT eat it if it came from a pre-packaged bag, she would only eat it if it came from the dispenser at the pet store... and it was the EXACT SAME FOOD!
    newsmanfan likes this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Now you know what I go through. Lol
    Hubert likes this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Well that's better then hearing the cashier talk about her boyfriend problems.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Um...the point was kinda the fact that she was talking to me about bird food problems, not the problems themselves...
  16. Pinkflower7783

Omg! Why did I quote those twice?? I must've been half asleep. Sorry! Didn't mean to do that. ><
    Hubert likes this.
  17. D'Snowth

Well, I mean, you mentioned she said he bought the cheaper bird food that the birds weren't eating, so he started buying the brand-name stuff again and the birds were actually eating it... :smirk:
  18. Pinkflower7783

19. D'Snowth

I was at the store today, and as I got out of the car and looked down, I saw what looked like a fifty dollar bill... then I went to pick it up and I saw it wasn't even any kind of dollar bill, it was a single brochure for TitleMax that had a replication of the fifty dollar bill printed on the back (as the advertising was get $50 free when you borrow $1,000 or more).
    Vincent Liu and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I heard the weirdest bird call today, not like any I've ever heard.