The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

kyunkyua

Reaction score
It must be really popular, because almost every candy company seems to be doing chocolate and bacon at this point. I've never understood the appeal of the sweet-salty combo anyway.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I can see the appeal of the sweet-salty combination if it's something like caramel-covered popcorn, or chocolate pretzels, but meat and chocolate is pushing it. Bacon's popularity is just something that a lot of people like to excess. Nobody's clamoring to toss chocolate on roast turkey or something (and if they are please don't tell me).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting the kingship of all sweet-and-salty snacks... trail mix.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
One of my roommates had to drive a friend to the airport a few weeks ago, so he received a box of exotic chocolate bars from around the world as a thank you present (with a fifty slipped into one of the bars). One of the bars which we tried was chocolate and BACON. It tasted really strange, the flavors didn't mix at all, it was like eating a strip of bacon and then a couple of Hershey's kisses at the same time. But now I can say I've eaten chocolate and bacon.
Depends on the brand. Mo's Chocolates does an AWESOME dark-with-bacon bar. I thought it was weird until I tried it...sweet, smoky, and luscious! Well, maybe it's an estrogen thing! :wink:
----------------------

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Why is the whole world obsessed with bacon right now?
Because it's bacon. :stick_out_tongue:

Really though, I don't get it either (I can't stand the stuff myself, even turkey bacon is pushing it), so I can't imagine what chocolate bacon must taste like. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I ended up catching a glimpse at an episode of this new Virgin Diaries series today (mainly because someone else was watching it)... let's just say I'll be skipping lunch today, lol... *cringes at this one newlywed couple's non-stop cringeworthy kissing*

On the other hand, I do give applause and kudos to people who are actually chosing to do their relationships the right way in a society that's so decayed and corrupted where apparently saving yourself for marriage is considered for losers anymore.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
I don't think "losers" is the correct term...but "saving yourself" can backfire too, ya know. Wouldn't you rather know you and your potential soul mate are compatible in ALL the right areas before settling in?

That said...there's a difference between looking for love and indulging simply in lust.

---------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather know you and your potential soul mate are compatible in ALL the right areas before settling in?
That's why love is one of those departments where you have to put your trust in the Big Man's judgement.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
That's why love is one of those departments where you have to put your trust in the Big Man's judgement.
Um...okay. I trust no one's judgement but my own on such matters, but eh, to each their own, right? :smile:

---------------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I went to my 12 o'clock class and somebody had scrawled "LUCY LIU" on the desk in front of me. Clearly somebody was listening to Independent Women Part 1 or something.