The Insult is TOO Great! (PLEASE don't edit this title)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As if that crappy remake of Bewitched back in 2005 wasn't bad enough, Hollywood decided to screw things up by cranking out remakes of Alvin and the Chipmunks, and begin production of remakes of I Dream of Jeannie and Sanford and Son.

Now as if that isn't bad enough, get this... in 2008, there's going to be a movie remake of Green Acres! Now if that isn't the final straw off the camel's back, I don't know what is!

Excuse me... I have to lie down...

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I didn't particularly like that silly Bewitched movie either Snowthy. :sympathy:

Luke

Reaction score
They are re-making the Bewitched sitcom in Britain as well as a TV series. I don't get why they need to do this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does it paint me as a bad person saying I never liked Green Acres (I prefered the opposite approach with the Beverly Hillbillies myself) and thus, dont care? Nor am I surprised?

I did hear news it was going to be a TV show made off of old scripts to find a way around the writers strike, though. maybe they changed it to be a lousy movie instead.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:zany: Well the Chipmunks movie is good and they have a way of popping back in every few years so that doesn't bother me. The Bewitched movie was terrible. Not only did I want my money back, if I knew where she lived I would have camped out at Nora Ephron's house and asked her to pay me for the time wasted watching it. There were good moments and performances, but the script and direction (her department) fell apart. She's just lost her tough. There are film students with fifty dollars and a super 8 camera that could have made something more entertaining. :grouchy:

I get Sanford and Son. It just depends who they cast. I don't agree with it, but I get the concept. Jeannie and Green Acres, well it was only a matter of time. I hope that when the writers finally get a better share of profits it causes the work to improve - and more original work at that! :wink:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Bewitched movie was HORRIBLE!

I can see Green Acres since they did a Beverly Hillbillies movie several years ago. Especially if they get a cameo from someone in the B.H. movie in the G.A. movie. It goes along with what they used to do on the TV series.

I Dream of Jeannie and Sanford and Son? I don't mind movie versions but I just HOPE THEY PLEASE DO IT RIGHT! I felt what was done to The Honeymooners was disgraceful and wouldn't even go see the film. They should have cast the Honeymooners movie with proper people to replay the roles: John Goodman as Ralph Kramden would ahve worked beautifully--his Fred Flintstone reminded me of Ralph, who the character was based on.

Yes, they stand a great chance to ruin a TV series by putting out a bad movie based on it; but, The Chipmunks, if you can excuse two poop jokes, was very, very good (that's my opinion).

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yes I'm not surprised that many people agree that Bewitched's remake was bad.
I think if it had simply been a straight-forward new story about Samantha and Darrin themselves, there could have been a chance that I might have really liked it.
But to present it as a story about people making a movie based upon the classic TV sitcom and unknowingly casting a real witch to play the part of Sam the fictitious witch just seemed to me to be kinda hokey and silly.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what else I just recently noticed? The movie remake lacked three key characters from the original series...

1. Larry Tate - Darrin's changable, penny-pinching boss. I could easily have seen, maybe Steve Martin in that role.
2. Tabitha Stephens - Remember? Samantha gave birth to her in Season Two? She was the doting daughter from then on in?
3. Adam Stephens - The second born of the Stephens clan.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, whether you liked the Bewitched movie or not, (quite frankly I thought it was just so so, not being a Will Farell fan), it should be remembered that this was not meant to be a remake of the show. I would have prefered it if it was, certainly!
I forgot about the Beverly Hillbillies movie. I thought it was great when I saw it!
Okay, I'll give you that Jeannie was a matter of time, but Green Acres just kind of took me by surprise. Honestly, not so crazy about the show either, but once in a while it isn't bad.
Really I guess, it just all comes down to personal opinion.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now if they do a movie remake of M*A*S*H, I'm going to do one of two things...

1. I'm going attempt mutiny and take over production of the movie so it'll be a project "by the fans, for the fans"... that way, it'll be done RIGHT, and it might actually do well like, say The Brady Bunch Movie and its sequel.
2. I'm going to commit suicide... after all, the theme song DOES say "suicide is painless"...