The Insult is TOO Great! (PLEASE don't edit this title)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Besides, what's so new and enfuriating about Hollywood turning classic TV shows into movies? Please, this is Hollywood we're talking about.
Hollywood?
Read my lips, Hollywood.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Personally, I don't care if they remake Jeannie. I remembered watching it back to back with Bewitched a couple years back, and all I could say was how inferior it was to Bewitched. I've since lost my like of Jeannie. Except for the episode with Paul Lynde.

I will say this about Bewitched. It had an original plot. But then again, it wasn't original in a good way.

Luke

Reaction score
The new one, Groucho the Rubber Chicken, whose name will be developed into a puppet of a rubber chicken with the fuzzy nose glasses soon (yes, he's copyrighted) is the new one and still going strong, sometimes (although not for a little over a year) performing as "Groucho, the Psychic Rubber Chicken."
.... and i bet he's got more talent in just one leg, or umm wing, than most of those kids on the reality shows. :stick_out_tongue:

That's what this world needs, variety acts in contact with the spirit world!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I suppose one day we'll see how much talent Groucho has. Maybe one day I'll open up his thread again for quetions of the unknown and answers from the spirit world.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Gilligan's Island hasn't been turned into a feature yet. Sherwood Schwartz has been talking about a proposed big-screen adaptation for years. At one time, it was rumored that Rick Moranis would play Gilligan, and John Goodman would be the Skipper.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm really surprised Gilligan's Island hasn't been turned into a feature yet. Sherwood Schwartz has been talking about a proposed big-screen adaptation for years. At one time, it was rumored that Rick Moranis would play Gilligan, and John Goodman would be the Skipper.
Well, they both were in The Flintstones... and I really think that would be a much better fit (John was good as Fred, Rick was a little more neurotic than Barney should be). As long as they kept to the integrity of the classic sitcom, it could have been good.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well, they both were in The Flintstones... and I really think that would be a much better fit (John was good as Fred, Rick was a little more neurotic than Barney should be). As long as they kept to the integrity of the classic sitcom, it could have been good.
Yeah, that must have been around the time the Gilligan's movie was announced...around the time of The Flintstones.

Who would they get for Gilligan today? Dane Cook?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If they did a Gilligan's Island movie today, you know very well who they'd cast to play Gilligan. Steve Carell. No question. He's everywhere today!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... He's gonna be Maxwell Smart in the new movie version that's coming. For some reason, I look back on Corell's stint on the Daily Show where I remember him best from... And his entire group... I liken it to Whose Line.
Corell was either the Brad Sherwood or Chip Estess, Vance DeGeneris was the Ryan Stylles, Moe Rocca was the Colinn Mockery, and Colbert was sort of the Greg Proupes. Shame that group got broken up and replaced with the current crop of Jon Stewart's back-up journalist jesters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah... He's gonna be Maxwell Smart in the new movie version that's coming. For some reason, I look back on Corell's stint on the Daily Show where I remember him best from... And his entire group... I liken it to Whose Line.
Corell was either the Brad Sherwood or Chip Estess, Vance DeGeneris was the Ryan Stylles, Moe Rocca was the Colinn Mockery, and Colbert was sort of the Greg Proupes. Shame that group got broken up and replaced with the current crop of Jon Stewart's back-up journalist jesters.
Meanwhile, unfortunately, Denny Siegel was... well... Denny Siegel.

*Pukes*