The Insult is TOO Great! (PLEASE don't edit this title)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Maybe you can clear this up for me Snowthmeiser. Which Whose Liner was the one in the Ugly Gang Questions Only game that showed she had a crush on Colin?
"Who would say you're ugly?"

I think she was also in the squirrels saloon sketch.
There's that line Ryan says when he comes in, I'm not posting it here though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heh... Maybe you can clear this up for me Snowthmeiser. Which Whose Liner was the one in the Ugly Gang Questions Only game that showed she had a crush on Colin?
"Who would say you're ugly?"
That was the one and only, the lovely and talented, the blonde and Canadian, THE Kathy Greenwood!
Eddie said:
I think she was also in the squirrels saloon sketch.
There's that line Ryan says when he comes in, I'm not posting it here though.
Hmm, I never saw that one. Not really a Whoser anymore; I only watch whenever Kathy's on.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
You know what else I just recently noticed? The movie remake lacked three key characters from the original series...

1. Larry Tate - Darrin's changable, penny-pinching boss. I could easily have seen, maybe Steve Martin in that role.
2. Tabitha Stephens - Remember? Samantha gave birth to her in Season Two? She was the doting daughter from then on in?
3. Adam Stephens - The second born of the Stephens clan.
While I won't argue the Larry Tate item, Tabitha and Adam were probably excised due to time/plot constraints. I mean, what parts would there have been for Tabitha and Adam, other than cameos in an ending that showed Darrin and Samantha living happily ever after? IMHO, that'd have been even more of a disservice than leaving them out completely. Heck, from the major dislike the Bewitched movie seems to have gathered (I've never seen it), Larry, Tabitha and Adam are actually better for not having been in it at all.

Unfortunately some things are going to be lost in the transition to the big screen, no matter what the fandom. It's an inevitability.

-Kim

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah... He's gonna be Maxwell Smart in the new movie version that's coming. For some reason, I look back on Corell's stint on the Daily Show where I remember him best from... And his entire group... I liken it to Whose Line.
Corell was either the Brad Sherwood or Chip Estess, Vance DeGeneris was the Ryan Stylles, Moe Rocca was the Colinn Mockery, and Colbert was sort of the Greg Proupes. Shame that group got broken up and replaced with the current crop of Jon Stewart's back-up journalist jesters.
Yeah, I miss the original crew of Stewart's Daily Show. Especially Carrell.

BTW, Vance DeGeneris was the original "Mr. Hands" in the very early Mr. Bill films that were shown on SNL. He is also the brother of Ellen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Question. Didn't want to see Bewitched... but I recall hearing Steve Carell played Uncle Arthur. Is that true?

Who would they get for Gilligan today? Dane Cook?
(Bonks head on table in similar fashion to Don Music)- Dane Cook! Dane Cook! What's his appeal? And why would anyone in their right mind give him another film contract? I mean, even Pauly Shore is funnier than him. And I hate Paully Shore (though, ironically, I liked his character in Goofy Movie and the sequal...)

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Question. Didn't want to see Bewitched... but I recall hearing Steve Carell played Uncle Arthur. Is that true?

(Bonks head on table in similar fashion to Don Music)- Dane Cook! Dane Cook! What's his appeal? And why would anyone in their right mind give him another film contract? I mean, even Pauly Shore is funnier than him. And I hate Paully Shore (though, ironically, I liked his character in Goofy Movie and the sequal...)
Yes, Steve Carrell appears briefly as Uncle Arthur, towards the end of the film. He does a good Paul Lynde impression.

I'm no fan of Cook either, although he was pretty good in a "straight" role in the Kevin Costner thriller Mr. Brooks.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, back during the good old days when he was merely a supporting actor in movies, instead of the star of every other new movie being released in theaters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, back during the good old days when he was merely a supporting actor in movies, instead of the star of every other new movie being released in theaters.
I have no problem. I mean, he IS perfect for Don Adams's character, Maxwell Smart. he does the same Straight faced style of humor. And if he wasn't so short, He would have made one shell of an Inspector Gadget (instead of Mathew Broaderick{too goofy, and portrayed him as a lovable lug} or French Stewart {too Whiney}).

They just made him the Star of Evan Almighty since Jim Carrey has a big bug up himself since he started doing stuff like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. At least it wasn't Jamie Kennedy doing a bad impersonation of him. Cough Cough, the Mask.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I dunno if anybody's heard, but "The A-Team" movie is finally being made. And this one, I think, has a true blue chance of being something awesome. His claim to fame is "Boyz N the Hood", one of my favorites. His other films include "Poetic Justice", "Higher Learning", "Rosewood", the excellent "Shaft" remake, "Baby Boy", "2 Fast 2 Furious" (which admittedly was studio tripe, but because of him it was GOOD studio tripe), and, more recently, "Four Brothers".

Here's what he has to say that really gets me excited:

It’s not a comic movie farce like Starsky and Hutch, it’s kind of in the tradition of the 80’s action pictures, the man’s movies like Die Hard, Predator, Commando, or even Lethal Weapon more so than anything else. The action is very serious, but there is humor. That’s what we are going for. I don’t know who is in the cast yet, so all this [stuff] of who is saying who is this person and who is… nobody is playing Mr. T, the character’s name is B.A. Baracus, he will have a Mohawk and there is a moment in the movie where he actually gets the Mohawk cause he’s going crazy. And I don’t know who is in the cast yet, but I do know that the only person I want right now is, that I really, really want is Woody Harrelson to play Murdock, the guy who is crazy but he’s kind of real smart, a jack of all trades.
Harrelson is PERFECT for Murdock. And I love that Singleton basically smack-talks Ice Cube, who was claiming last week that he had the part, and that he had been studying Mr. T. Baracus is not Mr. T, and anyone who plays him can't just do a Mr. T impression. Singleton gets that, and that in turn has made me very pumped for this, whenever it happens.