The International Muppet Show

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
If they want to say who they are, they will...if they don't want to, they won't. OK?

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jeffrey Gray
If they want to say who they are, they will...if they don't want to, they won't. OK?
Well I'm just wondering since Twiddlebug's name is Jerry and he worked Sweetums in an early muppet production, is he Jerry Nelson or just some guy named Jerry. I think if it is Jerry Nelson he's pretty much decided to say who he is. :rolleyes:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Sorry, I hadn't read the earlier pages in this thread when I posted it, and I got the wrong idea...I thought you were just asking that out of the blue, and I understand that I'm wrong. Read the earlier pages, WiGgY, your questions will be answered.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually while 'Twiddlebug' has mentioned Sweetums, he still signs off his posts with 'Twiddlebug' rather than any other name so i think thats the most respectful way to address him, rather than just assuming things and creating mass hysteria. Get my drift guys ?

:attitude:

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Agreed, Luke. I know of the horror stories from Delphi, and I don't want such a thing to be repeated...

I just think it's neat to have a Muppeteer here, no matter who he is...:smile:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Actually while 'Twiddlebug' has mentioned Sweetums, he still signs off his posts with 'Twiddlebug' rather than any other name so i think thats the most respectful way to address him, rather than just assuming things and creating mass hysteria. Get my drift guys ?

:attitude:
Get your drift?

Penguin pic?

Ahahaha...

Who says you aren't funny? WHO?!

:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Who says you aren't funny? WHO?!
Well i have to admit my fanmail isn't what it used to be back when i was doing Monica Lewinsky jokes on the forum. I don't even get complaints or 'hate mail' nowdays. All i've had recently is an email newsletter for some concrete layers club and an offer of a free DVD player if i buy life insurance !

:smirk:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
Is Jerry Nelson on this board? That's interesting. I'm also wondering if "Mr Oz," is Frank Oz?
nope that's my little brother wreaking havoc!

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Twiddlebug
Sweetums eyes. Nice guessing but they were done by remote control. This was not always the case...In The Frog Prince you may notice that Sweetums eyes glow. I know this because I performed him in the epic (though not the voice. That was done by a Canadian actor.I don't remember his name) and at some point we were taking a break and I just sat down on the set (dungeon) with the head on and someone forgot to turn off the lights. (That's probably why they call me a hot head) The eyes, because of the heat melted and had to be replaced but if memory serves they didn't have time to rewire the eyes, so no more glow.

:eek: that must've been a little embarassing!

Sarah

those eyes must've been on quite a while!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

There is a question, That im really curious about !

Today i watched Sesame Street and i saw a sketch with 'Fat Blue' in the Birdland club, After Grover served him a 'shaken not stirred' Milkshake The Squirrel Nut Zippers performed 'Put A Lid On It'.

Everytime they sang a word they put that object on his head...

Put a yam on it
What's that you say?
FB: No!
Put a clam on it
Oh man, no way
Put a lamb down on it, and everything will be all right.
Put a wig on it
No not tonight
Put a fig on it
That cant be right
Put a pig down on it
Oh no, Thats quite a sight

When i come here with my friend Fred, You always put things on his head !

When we start we just cant stop

But you never put the right thing up on top !

Put a squid on it
You must be nuts
Put a kid on it
Oh, hold your bucks
Put a lid on it, And everything will be alright
FB: Cut that out !
Put a bat on it
You cant do that
Put a welcome mat on it
Why not a hat ?

Put a hat down on it, And everything will be all right.
FB: Thank You

They refer to 'Fat Blue' in this song as Fred, In the book Sesame Street Unpaved he is refered to as 'Fat Blue' and i have heard that he is has also been called 'Mr. Johnson'.

Can you tell us what his name is please ?

Im off to Charlie's for a Number 2 special...