1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The International Muppet Show

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by BlueFrackle, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

Thanks Scott! Is Rowlf's German voice odd or what?
  2. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

So Mary Roos sings "Komm zu Mir", which is actually a German version of "Lean on Me." And that is an ugly Gonzo!
  3. dbarrie

dbarrie New Member

Thank you for sending it to us. I watched it last night. The funniest part of the skit were some of the German overdubs of the Muppet characters! Mary Ross sounds like a good singer, and I guess this is why she's managed to carve out a long career in her homeland. I've read that she continues to perform and record over there.

OI MuppetFan

4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh, gosh! How could I have been on this forum while Jerry was here chatting to fans and I missed it! D'oh!
  5. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Fat Blue... my favorite Sesame Street character.

I'm not saying this just out of respect to Twiddlebug, but Fat Blue is in all certainty (or at least my opinion, I can say that much) the funniest Sesame Street character ever. I think I have a soft spot for anybody who has to go through any kind of stress. That might be why I like Fat Blue so much, as well as Beaker, Animal and Kermit (Piggy and Fozzie really grate on you, man!)

:sing:
  6. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

Man....if I was only here two years ago!! XD That would have been awesome!

Also an interesting thing I noticed, is that they used the alternate take zippy blue/purple take for "Halfway Down the Stairs" instead of the original warm homey orange/brown take. On the first season that was released to DVD.
  7. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Frank did voice DogLion in the animal protection drive sketch with Dom DeLuise, but maybe that was just the voice.

I'm sorry to say I don't know what flat feet refers to exactly, whether it's an expression or a condition.

I just realized, through re-reading this thread, that I asked you the same question about three or four times. I apologize for that. It's the fanboy in me, when I let him roam free (and don't edit what I'm typing). I'd like you to know how much we appreciate your time and your generosity with information.

And I wanted to say again how much I love Thog and Uncle Deadly. I wish those two characters were still around. In my opinion, they still had a lot of mileage left. I particularly use Thog whenever I can in my fanfic Muppet Show outlines- having him use Jack Gilford as a substitute teddy bear, dancing with Cass Elliott, accidentally nudging Paul Lynde out of an airplane, etc.

It's a shame the Thog puppet wore out and wasn't rebuilt, because now Sweetums is basically the only full-body monster getting any use (DogLion was in Muppets Tonight, but as far as I can recall hasn't been seen since). One of the great things about Thog was his stark visual contrast to Sweetums, although oddly enough while they're frequently mentioned together and drawn that way in Muppet books, they were seldom ever a duo on TMS (save for the end of the Paul Williams episode and a fleeting reference to a badminton game in the Julie Andrews one). He's the sort of character who would've made a good stuffed animal (heck, maybe a talking stuffed animal).

I hope all is well and look forward to hearing from you on the forum. Take care.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  8. rookster

rookster New Member

where can i find a video clip or audio clip of robin the frog halfway down the stairs, for my daughter to listen too, does anybody know thatnks david
  9. David French

David French Member

It's on the DVD of The Muppet Show Season One. It was used in the episode with Harvey Korman.